Emmylou to Headline FreshGrass; Lambert & Underwood Will Debut Duet at Billboard Awards; Banjo Power Couple Plans New Album
What’s Jamey Johnson up to these days? Training Randy Travis’ horses. I know you lie awake at night wondering, “Self, what Dolly Parton song am I?” Luckily, Parton and the folks at Buzzfeed put together this quiz so you can figure out which one of Dolly’s songs best represents you. Jewly Hight interviewed Mickey Gilley […]
Omnivore to Release Hank Williams’ Garden Spot Programs; Juno Award Winners Announced; New Music Videos
The Juno Awards were held Sunday night. Brett Kissel took home the Breakthrough Artist of the Year Award, Dean Brody’s Crop Circles was named Country Album of the Year, and Justin Rutledge’s Valleyheart won the Roots & Traditional Album of the Year (Solo) Award. Out May 20 on Omnivore: Hank Williams’ The Garden Spot Programs […]
Fourth Person Dies from SXSW Injuries; Billboard and Twitter Team Up; Mary Gauthier Announces Tour Dates
Download a free, 55-page excerpt of Galadrielle Allman’s Please Be with Me: A Song for My Father, Duane Allman. Dierks Bentley, Kellie Pickler, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Lee Brice, Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes, and Keith Urban will perform on the concert special ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to the Troops, which is taping in Vegas […]
Mickey Gilley Returns to Touring; New Country Rehab Releases Free EP; Leonard Rutherford to Receive Grave Marker
Check out the list of Record Store Day releases — there are a fair amount of country/roots titles — and plan your budget accordingly. Stream Merle Haggard’s “I Take a Lot of Pride in What I Am” from the reissued live album The Fightin’ Side of Me, which comes out next week. Jon Pareles of The […]
On this date in 1927, a future country legend named Carl Smith was born. Smith had thirty Top Ten hits in the 1950s alone, had nearly 100 different songs hit the country charts over his career and was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2003. He was also married to June Carter […]
Tim McGraw To Tape Austin City Limits Episode; Canadian Country Music HoF Announces 2012 Inductees; New Music Videos
Richard Thompson, Bonnie Raitt and Booker T. Jones will receive Lifetime Achievement Awards at the Americana Music Association Awards in Nashville this September. The Huffington Post has strong praise for Chely Wright’s new documentary: “Wish Me Away is a powerful, important film of heartbreak and triumph that I honestly believe will save lives, providing gay kids […]
Justin Townes Earle Arrested; Matthew McConaughey to Direct Jamey Johnson Video; Video Tribute to Bob Wills
Justin Townes Earle took a little detour after last week’s show in Indianapolis: (via Saving Country Music) [...] there was a misunderstanding at the venue wherein the proprietor decided to dock the band some of their money, and when Earle went to discuss the matter with him, he didn’t take it too kindly. A fracas […]
Come this fall, the original Sugarland trio will have a reunion of sorts, only it’ll be in the courtroom. Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush will square off against Kristen Hall in a lawsuit that the latter filed claiming that she is owed more than $1.5 million. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Bill Rankin has more details, including […]
Same admonition as before. Just some songs I liked, one song per artist. “Everybody’s Reaching Out For Someone” – Pat Daisy (1972) Beautiful and blessed with a great voice, she never did break through as a major star since she was buried at RCA behind Connie Smith, Dolly Parton, Dottie West and Skeeter Davis. This […]
- Tom: ...good idea, a george jones museum in nashville. is there a building tall enough for a voice and a career …
- mrsandy: Also worth noting: Priscilla Mitchell was Jerry Reed's widow.
- Leeann Ward: Wow! My heart goes out to Allison Moorer. She's had so many terrible things happen in her life. It's too …
- Leeann Ward: I must have this audio book!
- Juli Thanki: Ha! Same thing happened at Sturgill Simpson's show I went to last month, only he was singing "I Never Go …
- Dave D.: On the topic of Lee Ann and dark songs, the funniest moment at this year's Americana Fest was during her …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I love Lori McKenna. Coming from Massachusetts, she's our local girl. I've been fortunate to see her in concert a …
- bll: I suss her re-recording her hits for 'Gwendolen records' means she can stop MCA from releasing her hits against her.
- Greg Judy: Cooler festivals and marching bands at the football games!
- kevin ilinger: Fall colors bluegrass and apple cider