Aldean’s Night Train Sells 409K Units in First Week; More Performers Added to CMA Awards; Remembering Minnie Pearl
John McEuen talks about the 40th anniversary of landmark album Will the Circle be Unbroken in a video interview for Folk Alley. Jason Aldean’s Night Train sold over 409,000 copies in its first week. Taylor Swift’s Red is expected to sell a million units this week. Chely Wright remembers Sarah “Minnie Pearl” Cannon on what would […]
Wade Mainer and Don Wayne Pass Away; Lee Ann Womack Returns to Studio; Justin Townes Earle Contributes to Boardwalk Empire Soundtrack
Banjo pioneer Wade Mainer passed away on Monday at the age of 104. Songwriter Don Wayne, whose extensive body of work included “Saginaw, Michigan,” also passed away on Monday. He was 78. Lee Ann Womack is back in the studio working on a new album. Check out the Opry’s birthday celebration for George Jones. Justin […]
New Releases Abound: Dale Watson, Little Big Town, Marty Stuart, Randy Rogers Band, Ricky Skaggs & More
New releases for the week of August 24, 2010 include: The Carter Family III – Past & Present Amazon | iTunes Dale Watson – Carryin’ On Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Little Big Town – The Reason Why Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Marty Stuart – Ghost Train Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Mason Douglas […]
Michelle Wright remembers the small town she came from and is returning to Canada to go on a small tour. The Brampton Guardian has a short interview with Wright. Her thoughts on Canadians traveling to the US to kick start their careers: I think it is really a good, positive thing to celebrate the Canadians […]
- Leeann: Very nice!
- luckyoldsun: Paul, Good info. It's pretty disgraceful that Billboard editors can't even get musical history remotely right regarding even their own publication. The …
- Juli Thanki: Yep, I'll be there. Looking forward to it!
- Leeann: Wow! The Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash’s Bitter Tears Revisited album is so good!
- Jack Williams: I was also there on Saturday, Juli. I really liked Angeleena Presley's set, too. Marty and the boys …
- Jack Williams: I heard the guy who made the documentary talks funny. That's great news. I'll definitely buy a copy …
- Dave D.: Jim Lauderdale's The Other Sessions is my favorite; just a great country records, IMO.
- Paul W Dernnis: It seems that whoever wrote that Billboard article had some bum information. As of 1993, 13 country artists had 50 …
- Leeann: My favorite Jim Lauderdale albums are his collaborations with Ralph Stanley.
- Jeremy Dylan: Correcting my typo, that should be http://jimlauderdalemovie.com