Garth Brooks is back, and holding a press conference on Thursday at noon to announce whatever it is that he’s got planned. (warning: autoplay) Brooks’ upcoming Ireland tour may be in jeopardy after officials only granted licenses for three of the planned five shows. Kenny Loggins made the announcement that he and the rest of […]
Bigger Picture Group, the current home of Craig Campbell, Chris Janson, Blackjack Billy and more, has ceased operations. According to CEO David Robkin, executives and administrative staff are continuing to work to support the label’s artists and to seek new funding. Willie Nelson has donated platinum records, manuscripts, and correspondence to the Dolph Briscoe Center for […]
The Academy of Country Music announced the recipients of some special and industry awards prior to the April 7 broadcast. Some of the winners include: Keith Whitley and the Judds – Cliffie Stone Pioneer Award (honoring music acts that are pioneers in the country music genre) Jason Aldean – Crystal Milestone Award (honoring a significant […]
Steel Magnolia took a decidedly modern media approach to breaking into the country music business. A victory on the second season of CMT’s Can You Duet–a reality show that also helped launch the career of Joey + Rory–helped land them a record deal and launch their first single onto country radio. But it is the […]
Today marks the release of Wynonna Judd‘s debut novel (Amazon): Restless Heart is your first novel. How much is autobiographical? Enough to make it real. I’m living truthfully in imaginary circumstances. I’m telling my story through another voice. Writing this was different (from the memoir) because I could take liberties but also draw from my […]
The Bellamy Brothers Raise Questions Over Britney Spears Single; George Strait/Reba McEntire Lead Country Tours in 2010
Britney Spears‘ new single was released Monday, which wouldn’t ordinarily be news here, but The Bellamy Brothers are taking issue with some of the songs lyrics, specifically the line “If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?” It’s eerily close to the Brothers’ 1979 classic “If I Said You […]
Yesterday, CM Wilcox reviewed Steel Magnolia’s first single, “Keep On Loving You.” The duo is the newly crowned victor of the CMT show Can You Duet. CM posed an interesting question on the very different aspects of an artist’s live performance versus his or her recorded performances on records and radio: As past Nashville Star […]
- A.B.: I think I understand why the eating disorder facility wants to be located there besides it being the former Cash …
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.