New Alan Jackson Album Slated for 2012 Release; View Trailer for Hank Williams Movie The Last Ride; New Music Videos
“Due to a recurring illness,” American Idol alum Bo Bice has cancelled all future concert dates until further notice. Fiddle player Sonny Mead passed away at the age of 81. Mead played with many bands over the years, including George Winn and The Bluegrass Partners, the Cripple Creek Boys, and Heights of Grass. He even […]
Due to threats of a high surf from Tropical Storm Alex, Jimmy Buffet had to postpone today’s free concert on the beach at Gulf Shores in Alabama. A new date has been set for July 11, but local businesses were hoping the show would boost visitors for the Fourth of July weekend. Hundreds of lucky […]
LeAnn Rimes and her husband split. On August 9, Shelby Lynne will make a guest appearance on the Lifetime series Army Wives and debut two new songs, “Like a Fool” and “Beat the Blues.” Jimmy Carter has lots of coverage from Alan Jackson‘s Aquapalooza concert over the weekend. Watch the new video for Lee Ann […]
After 36 years of publication, Radio & Records is calling it quits. The current state of affairs has left The Nielsen Company with no other alternative but to immediately cease all services, products and events related to Radio & Records. The magazine’s final edition is the June 5 issue. Electronic products end today, the Web […]
- Leeann: No offense to Chely Wright, but while I expect that she will make a good album, asking for $175,000 seems …
- Juli Thanki: Ha! The best way to celebrate Connie Smith Day is by marrying a younger man. Mullet optional.
- nm: But was it Connie Smith Day all day long and then from dusk to dawn?
- Deremy Jylan: I heard that Jim Lauderdale documentary is some super-duper great movie stuff. Makes Scorsese's THE LAST WALTZ look like Wiseau's …
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …
- Leeann: At any rate, I'll still look forward to his next album, because I'm a fan of his music.