Missy Werner might not be as well-known as fellow bluegrass vocal powerhouses Rhonda Vincent or Dale Ann Bradley, but anyone who’s picked up her solo debut, Drifting and Dreaming, or Three Kinds of Lonesome, a 2011 release she put out with her band, knows she’s something special. The Cincinnati-based bluegrasser’s new album, Turn This Heart […]
Eli Young Band Tops Country Albums Chart; Grey Fox Lineup Announced; Lindi Ortega Releases New Video
More details are emerging about Thursday’s fatal SXSW incident. If you’ve got a couple bucks to spare, the SXSW Cares Fund is accepting donations for those affected by the accident. Rhonda Vincent & The Rage were guests on Music City Roots the other night. Here’s their take on “Drivin’ Nails in My Coffin.” Teea Goans was […]
Randy Travis, Joe Nichols to Release Albums in October; Stream Stuart Duncan/Dolly Parton Collaboration; Album Releases
Randy Travis will release Influence, Vol. 1: The Man I Am on October 1. On this album, he’ll look back at “songs and artists that were instrumental in crafting his musical career;” the track listing includes “Thanks a Lot,” “Saginaw, Michigan,” and “Someday We’ll Look Back.” (via press release) Joe Nichols’ next album, Crickets, is […]
As anyone who’s attended the dinner-and-concert “Dirty Kitchen Experience” knows, Frank Solivan is just as proficient with a frying pan as he is with mandolin or fiddle. But since Taste-o-Vision hasn’t been invented yet and USPS regulations prevent us from mailing you an envelope stuffed with ginger chicken, today you’ll have to settle for feasting […]
Americana Music Award Winners Announced; Bearfoot Undergoes Lineup Changes; Stream New Dwight Yoakam Song
Here are the winners of last night’s Americana Music Awards and Honors: Instrumentalist of the Year: Dave Rawlings Album of the Year: This One’s For Him: A Tribute to Guy Clark; produced by Tamara Saviano and Shawn Camp Song Of The Year Award : “Alabama Pines;” Written by Jason Isbell and performed by Jason Isbell […]
Banjo Symposium Coming to UNC-Chapel Hill; Taylor Swift Breaks Digital Sales Record; New Videos from The Flatlanders, Drew Kennedy
Ray Price is working on a new album, reports Markos Papadatos. Here’s the new video for Drew Kennedy’s “Stars in California.” And a video from The Onion: “Country Artist Sings About Real America and Its Meth Addicts.” There’s a neat article on IndyWeek.com about this weekend’s banjo symposium at UNC-Chapel Hill. Joy Kills Sorrow’s “Jason” […]
With his new bride prepping a solo album and a Pistol Annies album, Blake Shelton isn’t to be outdone. Late last week, he unveiled his new… uh… duo… with Jimmy Fallon. Blake Shelton is also the new host of the Grand Ole Opry’s new backstage tour experience. “Beginning this week, visitors on the Opry House […]
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....