Don Williams will release a new album, Reflections, on Sugar Hill Records March 11. It will include some songs written by Townes Van Zandt, Merle Haggard and Jesse Winchester. Jack Ingram has signed a new deal with Blaster Records and plans to release two albums this year. The meritorious C.M. Wilcox put up another Quotable […]
The American Music Awards were held last night. Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum, Carrie Underwood, and Taylor Swift took home trophies. Now that his Vegas run is over, Garth Brooks is planning a 2014 world tour. Paper Angels, the book co-written by Jimmy Wayne about the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree Project, is going to be made into a […]
Vacation with Joey+Rory; Golf & Guitars News: Kid Rock Partners with Symphony and Keith Urban Is Number One
The home office of Engine 145 has been experiencing some technical difficulties this week and we’ll be back to a normal posting schedule as quickly as we can. Joey+Rory are hosting “Retreat to the Ranch,” a vacation getaway in Wyoming from July 8 -14. It looks like a cross between City Slickers and the Grand […]
CMT Music Award Nominees Revealed; Elizabeth Cook & Jim Lauderdale Among New Releases; John Rich’s Free Download
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2010 CMT Music Award nominees. New releases for the week of May 11, 2010 include: Elizabeth Cook – Welder Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Jim Lauderdale – Patchwork River Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Jonathan Singleton & The Grove – Jonathan Singleton & The Grove Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Kris […]
Matt Kennon is blessed with one of those voices that, for better or for worse, sets him apart from the rest of the radio dial; from the minute he opens his mouth on his new song “The Call,” it’s clear that the gravelly and deep voiced Kennon is working with a different instrument than most. […]
Check out the “artwork” for Gary Allan‘s new record Get Off On The Pain. As far as Carrie Underwood news goes, I’m pretty sure her bikini pictures overshadowed her holiday special yesterday. Speaking of which, I only watched about an hour, but did the show get any more holiday-oriented as it went along? Galleywinter’s Brad […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.