“Pontoon” Goes Platinum; New Matraca Berg Album Due in October; American Songwriter Remembers Levon Helm
Jewly Hight profiled what sounds like a fantastic Patsy Cline exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Anyone seen it yet? Proper Records announced that Matraca Berg’s next album, Love’s Truck Stop, will be released October 22. No word yet on the US release date. Mindy Smith, Tom Russell, Victoria Williams, and […]
Eric Church’s Chief Goes Platinum; How Listeners Shape Music Evolution; Chatham County Line Video Premiere
Listen to “Getting’ Down on the Mountain,” a new Corb Lund song. Kathleen Edwards, Sara Watkins, and Trampled By Turtles made NPR’s listener-voted list of the year’s best albums to date. Phil Barton talks to American Songwriter about one of his co-writes, Lee Brice’s “A Woman Like You.” The song “was recorded the actual night […]
Julie Roberts Music Video; Kenny Chesney Album in June; New Marty Robbins Book and Mark Collie Has Live Prison Album Coming
Miranda Lambert’s new music video for “Over You” is a stunning visual. Lambert also revealed that she is working on a television series based on her own childhood. Another one of country’s pretty faces released a new music video yesterday as well. Julie Roberts unveiled her new music video for “Whiskey and You” on CMT. Lady Antebellum […]
Randy Travis was arrested early Monday morning in Sanger, Texas on a charge of public intoxication. He has subsequently released a statement apologizing. Johnny Cash’s 80th birthday will be celebrated with two Cash-centric museums and multiple music releases. April 10 is the release date of the Steep Canyon Rangers’ Nobody Knows You. While the band’s […]
#20-11 10. Sunny Sweeney – Concrete Rooted in traditional country, Sunny Sweeney’s sophomore album is slick enough for contemporary, as she netted her first Top 10 single with “From a Table Away.” Sweeney’s taken a big step with her songwriting since debut record Heartbreaker’s Hall of Fame, co-writing seven of Concrete’s ten tracks with talent […]
Lyle Lovett Readies New Album; Miranda Lambert Announces New Single; Country Singers Celebrate First Amendment
The Country Music Association has pledged $10 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s expansion efforts. Lyle Lovett’s new album, Release Me, is set for release on February 28. James McMurtry’s Mountain Stage performance can be streamed here. The Del McCoury Band came in at #10 on PopMatters’ 2011 Artists of the […]
Sunny Sweeney Releases Holiday Single; Farce the Music Offers Benefit Compilation; Dobie Gray and Barbara Orbison Pass Away
Dobie Gray passed away yesterday at the age of 71. Barbara Orbison, widow of Roy Orbison, also passed away yesterday (the 23rd anniversary of Roy’s death). She was 60 years old. Gretchen Peters has a new blog entry up about the song “Camille,” written with Matraca Berg and Suzy Bogguss. “Camille” will be on Peters’ […]
George Strait Remembers Chris LeDoux; Rhonda Vincent Adds New Band Member; Top Country/Roots Guitarists
If you punch a lady in the face at a Chris Young show, he’ll throw you out while singing about it. 48 of the Indiana stage collapse victims have sued Sugarland and 12 other defendants. Hearth Music posted an interview with old-time banjo player Riley Baugus, whose work has appeared on the Cold Mountain soundtrack […]
Deana Carter feels like she’s just getting around to having perspective. The daughter of Fred Carter Jr., a guitarist who spent nearly two decades as the Nashville session player, Deana had an insider’s view to the country music industry like few others. But after securing and signing her first record deal with Capitol Records, there […]
People Magazine has a brand new country music edition on newsstands featuring Lady Antebellum. To celebrate the new edition, they’re giving away a free download featuring some big hitters including: Ronnie Dunn, Vince Gill, Billy Currington, Jake Owen, Terri Clark, Matraca Berg, JT Hodges, Bradley Gaskin, and Sonia Leigh. Drew Kennedy has a cool and […]
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.