New Marty Stuart Album Due April 24; DelFest Lineup Announced; Keith Urban Sets San Antonio Rodeo Attendance Record
On March 27, reissue label Real Gone Music will release B.J. Thomas’ The Complete Scepter Singles. Coming out on the same date is Rawhide’s Clint Eastwood Sings Cowboy Favorites. Out March 6: Luke Bryan’s Spring Break 4 EP. Marty Stuart’s Tear the Woodpile Down is due out April 24. Bluegrass Today has a video of [...]
Garth Brooks Wins Lawsuit, Lyle Lovett Shares Wisdom with Esquire; Stream Gretchen Peters’ Hello Cruel World
Merle Haggard’s almost over the double pneumonia that landed him in a Macon, Georgia hospital—but he’s also been diagnosed with three stomach ulcers, eight polyps in his colon, and esophageal diverticulitis. Garth Brooks won his lawsuit against an Oklahoma hospital, which will be required to pay him a million dollars. Watch former Carolina Chocolate Drop [...]
Steve Martin wrote a fine piece on Earl Scruggs for the New Yorker. An excerpt: The banjo lends itself to showing off: it’s often played fast and thrillingly, fingers flying up and down the neck, the right hand connecting to the left with seemingly impossible accuracy. But Earl always remembered his mother’s advice when he [...]
Taylor Swift took home the most hardware (again) last night at the American Music Awards. She won for Favorite Country Female Artist, Favorite Country Album and then took home the night’s biggest prize with the all-genre Favorite Artist. Blake Shelton was Favorite Country Male Artist and Lady Antebellum was Favorite Country Duo/Group. Danny Gokey lost [...]
Lately I’ve been thinking about repetition, repeatedly. See, I’ve never been one of those who can be counted on to rail against the latest alleged oncoming modern pop corruption of whatever country music has been sounding like for a while. In country, complaints about sonic invaders have always been there. But in addition, history leaves [...]
Those who’ve seen Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlative perform live or caught an episode of The Marty Stuart Show have probably taken special notice of the lanky, bespectacled guitar whiz whose usual spot is to Stuart’s right. That’s “Cousin” Kenny Vaughan, one of the finest pickers in country music. Vaughan, a longtime Superlative and [...]
The Little Willies are back, with a second album due out in January that will feature covers of “Lovesick Blues,” “For the Good Times” (also the title track), “Jolene,” and more. At 7pm Central tonight, NashvilleSymphony.org is streaming Bela Fleck’s “Concerto for Banjo and Orchestra.” The 17th Annual ICM Faith, Family & Country Awards, held [...]
Travis Tritt dropped out of a benefit concert for Joplin, Missouri tornado relief efforts because his expenses would have been covered by donations: “It is inappropriate and wrong to take contributions that were given to help victims of the tornadoes and use that money for any other purpose,” Tritt wrote [on his Facebook page]. “I [...]
George Jones turns 80 on Monday, and WSM has an on-air celebration planned. From the press release: “The party is set to include Jones classics every hour 12 midnight – 7 p.m., listener birthday greetings and requests throughout the day, and a special edition of “The Eddie Stubbs Show” 7 p.m. – midnight featuring nothing [...]
Mike Ragogna chatted with Suzy Bogguss about her latest album, American Folk Songbook. The9513.com alum Pierce Greenberg looked on as Rodney Atkins shot scenes for a music video atop a water tower in White Bluff, Tennessee. The newest Give Me My XXX compilation features Whitey Morgan & The 78s, Jason Isbell, and more. Download it [...]
- Paul W Dennis: Interesting song - I look forward to hearing the rest of the album
- Jordan Stacey: ooh 5 is very limiting but I'll give it a go. (Please note I'm trying for radio success, my choices ...
- TX Music Jim: Lee Ann Womack for sure we need some new music. Turnpike Troubadors They have been releasing some great material and are ...
- bob: After the not so Incredible Machine cd, I'll try to hear as much of the Nettles solo album as I ...
- nm: Richard Bennett is a class act. That is all.
- Bruce: Jon's comment about lip-syncing seems to agree with my statement "I know it isn’t a new thing.." At least I ...
- Luckyoldsun: "Randy Travis is suing the Texas attorney general’s office and the Texas Department of Public Safety to prevent the release ...
- Luckyoldsun: "Lip-syncing is ancient history;" So you're saying that lip synching is not done--or not commonly done--anymore. Gee, this board is so ...
- Juli Thanki: It sounds just like Earl. If Earl played it at quarter-speed while half in the bag. And perhaps also if ...
- Jon: Lip-syncing is ancient history; it's about time people got over that. So, Juli, the real question is, have *you* mastered "Cripple ...