A petition in favor of “XXX” music – a name derived from the labels of moonshine jars – has been making its rounds this week in music circles that lean more country than rock and more rock than country. Shooter Jennings, son of Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter, created the website that currently has about […]
Josh Gracin has been out of the spotlight for more than a year, but while on hiatus, he’s completely revamped his music career: Everything from his management to his record label to the music itself. In this exclusive interview with The 9513, Gracin dishes about the transition to an independent label, his thoughts on Scott […]
Justin Moore’s new single “Small Town USA” is trickling onto country radio airwaves, so when I heard it for the first time on my local country station this week, I turned up the volume and gave it a listen. There’s just something a little different about hearing a song coming through car speakers, shades on […]
In the comments section of Wednesday’s News Roundup, Brody and artist Miss Leslie discussed the new(ish) trend of music labels preemptively testing artists’ singles before dedicating time and money to releasing (or even recording) entire albums: Miss Leslie: Hey Brody – out of curiosity – what’s ya’ll’s take on the way things are going with […]
The Academy of Country Music awards show airs Sunday, but some trophies have already been handed out. One of these early honors went to Brad Paisley, who won Video of the Year for “Waitin’ On A Woman.” Music videos (or “filmed inserts,” as they were sometimes referred to before the 1980s) have been around longer […]
The first day of spring kicks off next Friday, and with warmer weather comes exciting announcements of summer country concert tours. We’re pretty concert-happy around here as well, as we’re sponsoring the New American Voices Tour with Rodney Hayden and Drew Kennedy. Before television and the Internet, the concert experience was the only way to […]
Don’t look now, but Darius Rucker, lead singer of 90s rock group Hootie & The Blowfish, has a country hit on his hands. “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It” currently sits at number 14 on Billboard’s country singles chart and continues to pick up spins. What you probably haven’t heard is that Rucker is […]
This is the first of a series of Year in Review articles that will appear on The 9513 between now and the new year. In my mind, Porter Wagoner will forever epitomize country music in 2007. Some may object to my hanging an entire year on the back of an artist who didn’t sniff the […]
American Chronicle has a wonderful article about artists using MySpace to promote themselves. The 9513 has been on MySpace for a little less than half a month and it’s already apparent that artists realize the potential MySpace has as a marketing tool just by the sheer number that have added us. “I heard from college […]
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!