Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million for Oklahoma Relief; Bill Kirchen Talks Tele; HoF to Salute Bergen White
Carrie Underwood has donated $1 million to the Red Cross for tornado relief efforts. Paul Thorn has announced that anyone who attends his May 30 concert in Oklahoma and brings items to help aid the relief efforts will receive a free CD. Bill Kirchen talks about his Telecaster in this nifty video. On June 15, […]
George Beverly Shea Passes Away at 104; Garth Brooks Sued by Ex-Partner; The Bankesters Sign with Compass
Garth Brooks is being sued by ex-partner Lisa Sanderson, who alleges “that she was induced to work on his behalf with the promise of great rewards.” From the complaint: “Úsing his infectious charisma and the promise that they would ‘make millions’ together to manipulate Sanderson, Brooks lured Sanderson away from a successful and highly fulfilling […]
Dawn Sears Diagnosed with Lung Cancer; Artists Added to George Jones’ Final Nashville Show; First Round of ACM Awards Performers Announced
Guitarist Alvin Lee passed away at the age of 68 due to “unforeseen consequences following a routine surgical procedure.” Please keep Dawn Sears (Time Jumpers), who has been diagnosed with Stage 3B lung cancer, in your thoughts. Sears is “currently undergoing treatment in Nashville, TN and plans to continue performing at the band’s regular Monday […]
Jana Kramer had an airplane scare yesterday. A couple of her tweets: “Terrified out of my mind. Emergency landing back in Miami without landing gear. #pray” “HOLY S**T that was NOT cool at all. Good news though. I’m on the ground. We made it. Thanks for the prayers #shaking” Songwriter Tim Johnson passed away from […]
After 50 years of fostering and honing the chops of singers and songwriters in Nashville, Tootsies finally got the celebration it deserves. Revered as a breeding ground for Nashville’s music machine, the venerable honky tonk on Lower Broadway simply teems with character and legend. And all of those who gathered to celebrate at the Ryman […]
The recent All for the Hall benefit concert brought in nearly $450,000. A charitable initiative called NASH2O has begun auctioning flood-damaged instruments to benefit the Nashville community. Guitars donated by Vince Gill, Keith Urban and others are currently up for bidding with many more planned for the next month. Lady Antebellum tied Eminem with five […]
Earlier this year, country singer Amber Digby teamed up with Justin Trevino to release a duet album brimming with old and soon-to-be classics. Titled Keeping Up Appearances, highlights include the Jack Greene-Jeannie Seely hit “Wish I Didn’t Have To Miss You,” Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty’s “Lead Me On” and “After The Fire Is Gone.” […]
Since landing on the national country music scene in 1990 with the top five hit “Too Cold At Home,” Mark Chesnutt has gone on to garner four platinum albums, five gold albums, 14 number one singles and 23 Top 10 singles. His neo-traditionalist style of country music, along with others such as Randy Travis, Tracy […]
Rhonda Vincent‘s new album Taken, her first since departing Rounder Records in Feb., will be released on Sept. 21. She talked in-depth about the album during a press conference at the recent HullabaLOU Music Festival. Jason Aldean is country…with an edge: “I grew up listening to George Strait, Ronnie Milsap, Conway Twitty … I also […]
Songwriter Larry Jon Wilson Passed Away; Jimmy Buffet To Host Free Concert; Miranda’s “House” Holds Top Spot
Songwriter Larry Jon Wilson passed away yesterday afternoon at the age of 69 after suffering a stroke while visiting family. Wilson recorded four LPs in the ’70s before becoming disillusioned with the music business. After 29 years without a release though, he returned last year with an acoustic collection of songs simply titled Larry Jon […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.