George Beverly Shea Passes Away at 104; Garth Brooks Sued by Ex-Partner; The Bankesters Sign with Compass
Garth Brooks is being sued by ex-partner Lisa Sanderson, who alleges “that she was induced to work on his behalf with the promise of great rewards.” From the complaint: “Úsing his infectious charisma and the promise that they would ‘make millions’ together to manipulate Sanderson, Brooks lured Sanderson away from a successful and highly fulfilling [...]
Dawn Sears Diagnosed with Lung Cancer; Artists Added to George Jones’ Final Nashville Show; First Round of ACM Awards Performers Announced
Guitarist Alvin Lee passed away at the age of 68 due to “unforeseen consequences following a routine surgical procedure.” Please keep Dawn Sears (Time Jumpers), who has been diagnosed with Stage 3B lung cancer, in your thoughts. Sears is “currently undergoing treatment in Nashville, TN and plans to continue performing at the band’s regular Monday [...]
Jana Kramer had an airplane scare yesterday. A couple of her tweets: “Terrified out of my mind. Emergency landing back in Miami without landing gear. #pray” “HOLY S**T that was NOT cool at all. Good news though. I’m on the ground. We made it. Thanks for the prayers #shaking” Songwriter Tim Johnson passed away from [...]
For every cover that turns out well–like, say, Del McCoury’s “1952 Vincent Black Lightning,” or Patsy Cline’s “Faded Love”–there’s a cover that isn’t quite so good. Here are a few of them. 10. “God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You” – Alabama featuring ‘N Sync In 1999 Alabama joined forces with Lou [...]
Thankfulness in country music can often be sarcastic, as in “Thanks A Lot,” or humorous, like “Thank God and Greyhound.” But with this month’s playlist we’re going to be serious, and check out some songs on which artists count their various blessings. 20. “Thank God For The Road” – The Flatlanders “When you’re trying to [...]
Songwriters: Jimmy Ritchey and Bob Regan. Mark Chesnutt’s latest, “Things To Do In Wichita,” follows in the footsteps of countless country artists who, through song, provide detailed lists of The Activities They Do In Futile Attempts to Ignore Heartbreak. Unfortunately, Chesnutt’s list of activities (“Read USA Today front to back/Kill most of the morning doing [...]
- Rick: That Buddy Emmons tribute album sounds kinda interesting. I just might have to give it a listen when it's available. Congratulations ...
- Jon: Jack Bernhardt is the bomb.
- Bruce: Good article on Rucker. I do not care for all his songs and he is far from my favorite. I ...
- Kelly D.: Dig the Whiskey Sisters and the write-up from ol' Jim C.
- Bruce: "Why do people talk about the authenticity and/or genuineness of others with whom they’ve had no direct, normal social interaction ...
- Luckyoldsun: Hank III says "Old Junior once said it best,"--Is that some sort of rapprochement in the Williams family soap opera? It's ...
- Joan Harrison: Hi, My husband and I really enjoy watching your show each week. You had a recipe on for pork ...
- Jon: "@Both Kinds Of Music – Your point is?" It is a little opaque, isn't it?
- BRUCE: @Both Kinds Of Music - Your point is? BTW, I love Rucker's "Wagon Wheel" version. Gotta love Strait. I wished Swift would ...
- Luckyoldsun: Jonny Boy, Are you really as angry about this as you come off?--This has to be an act. I have no problem ...