Jerry Sullivan of The Sullivan Family passed away on Saturday. John Lawless of Bluegrass Today posted an obituary. Rolling Stone Country has launched. Gus Wenner wrote what to expect in an Editor’s Note that you can read here. John Mellencamp has signed a “lifetime” recording contract with Republic Records and he will release his 22nd full-length album this […]
CMHOF to Spotlight Crystal Gayle; Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame Announces 2014 Nominees; Wayne Hancock Recovering from Motorcycle Accident
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will open a spotlight exhibit focused on Crystal Gayle May 2. The exhibit will run through November 3. (via press release) Wayne Hancock is recovering from a motorcycle accident last weekend that left him with a collapsed lung and fractured elbow. He’s still hospitalized and his May […]
Omnivore to Release Hank Williams’ Garden Spot Programs; Juno Award Winners Announced; New Music Videos
The Juno Awards were held Sunday night. Brett Kissel took home the Breakthrough Artist of the Year Award, Dean Brody’s Crop Circles was named Country Album of the Year, and Justin Rutledge’s Valleyheart won the Roots & Traditional Album of the Year (Solo) Award. Out May 20 on Omnivore: Hank Williams’ The Garden Spot Programs […]
Julie Roberts has always gotten a rush out of Nashville and its country music scene. Until the recent Nashville flood, that rush was more emotional than physical. However, when last month’s rush of flood-water overtook her home, she and her family had to be rescued from the second story of their house. Roberts is busy […]
If Jeff Hanna sounds like he’s done and seen it all—it’s probably because he has. As a member of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band for 43 years, Hanna has played the 1984 Olympics, won GRAMMY awards, and has graced stages from the states to Japan. As part of the NGDB, Hanna has had songs atop […]
CMT has a new blog up where multiple authors are posting, one of which is Sunny Sweeney. She’s already written about two of my favorite Texas guys in Adam Hood and Jason Boland and the Stragglers. She said people kept asking her if she only listens to old country, and she did until recently when […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.