Jerry Sullivan of The Sullivan Family passed away on Saturday. John Lawless of Bluegrass Today posted an obituary. Rolling Stone Country has launched. Gus Wenner wrote what to expect in an Editor’s Note that you can read here. John Mellencamp has signed a “lifetime” recording contract with Republic Records and he will release his 22nd full-length album this […]
CMHOF to Spotlight Crystal Gayle; Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame Announces 2014 Nominees; Wayne Hancock Recovering from Motorcycle Accident
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will open a spotlight exhibit focused on Crystal Gayle May 2. The exhibit will run through November 3. (via press release) Wayne Hancock is recovering from a motorcycle accident last weekend that left him with a collapsed lung and fractured elbow. He’s still hospitalized and his May […]
Omnivore to Release Hank Williams’ Garden Spot Programs; Juno Award Winners Announced; New Music Videos
The Juno Awards were held Sunday night. Brett Kissel took home the Breakthrough Artist of the Year Award, Dean Brody’s Crop Circles was named Country Album of the Year, and Justin Rutledge’s Valleyheart won the Roots & Traditional Album of the Year (Solo) Award. Out May 20 on Omnivore: Hank Williams’ The Garden Spot Programs […]
Julie Roberts has always gotten a rush out of Nashville and its country music scene. Until the recent Nashville flood, that rush was more emotional than physical. However, when last month’s rush of flood-water overtook her home, she and her family had to be rescued from the second story of their house. Roberts is busy […]
If Jeff Hanna sounds like he’s done and seen it all—it’s probably because he has. As a member of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band for 43 years, Hanna has played the 1984 Olympics, won GRAMMY awards, and has graced stages from the states to Japan. As part of the NGDB, Hanna has had songs atop […]
CMT has a new blog up where multiple authors are posting, one of which is Sunny Sweeney. She’s already written about two of my favorite Texas guys in Adam Hood and Jason Boland and the Stragglers. She said people kept asking her if she only listens to old country, and she did until recently when […]
- nm: Does anyone know whatever became of the album that Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer were going to do together?
- luckyoldsun: I'm not surprised. Artists who can't get seem to get a satisfactory deal with a commercial label always say how …
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.