The Old 97s will release a new album, Most Messed Up, on ATO Records April 29. Listen to the record’s first single, “Longer Than You’ve Been Alive.” Vince Gill and Paul Franklin will perform on The View tomorrow and appear on Imus in the Morning on Friday. (via press release) Yesterday Dierks Bentley tweeted that […]
ACM New Artist of the Year Semifinalists Announced; Chris Eldridge Scores Silent Film; Stream Bluesman Leo Welch’s Debut Album
The Academy of Country Music named eight semifinalists for their New Artist of the Year Award: Lee Brice, Brett Eldredge, Tyler Farr, Justin Moore, Kip Moore, Kacey Musgraves, Thomas Rhett, and Parmalee. The 2014 ACM Awards will be broadcast on CBS April 6. Punch Brother Chris Eldridge will provide the score for 1917 silent film […]
The corners of Andrew Marlin’s mouth curl into a sly grin and his words slow a beat, as if this secret is being revealed to him as he speaks. “I think I’m becoming more of a settled person — and I’m feeling inspired by that,” Marlin says, sitting in cool sunshine with Mandolin Orange partner […]
On December 7, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum will celebrate Buck Owens and The Buckaroos with a trio of special programs: a panel discussion (“The Buckaroos: Making Music with Buck Owens”), a book talk (about Buck ‘Em, Owens’ posthumous autobiography co-authored with Randy Poe), and a concert featuring Buddy Alan Owens, current […]
IBMA Award Nominees Announced; Stream Charlie Worsham’s Rubberband; Drive-By Truckers Reissue Due in September
The IBMA Award nominations were announced last night. The Gibson Brothers earned a total of eight nominations individually and as a band, and Balsam Range received seven. Tony Rice and Paul Warren were named as this year’s Hall of Fame inductees. Check out the full list of nominees here. The awards show will be held […]
Bankesters Offer Sneak Peek at New Album; Celebrate Louis Armstrong at Satchmo Summerfest; Is Cracker Barrel Country Music’s Starbucks?
Vince Gill and Paul Franklin talk gear with Premier Guitar. JD McPherson played a session for WEXT. Listen here. Our filmmaking pal Jeremy Dylan (remember that time we interviewed him about the Jim Lauderdale documentary?) finished a new project: a short documentary on the making of Australian country singer Jasmine Rae’s new record, If I […]
Randy Travis is awake and recovering, but will remain in the hospital for at least another two to three weeks before transferring to another location for physical therapy, his doctors said in a video update. Check out the track listing and cover art for Steve Wariner’s It Ain’t All Bad (out September 10). Here’s a […]
Charles Carr, Texas Johnny Brown Pass Away; Ronnie Dunn Launches Record Label; Howlin’ Brothers Play Folk Alley Session
Charles Carr, the man who drove Hank Williams on his ill-fated New Year’s Eve journey, passed away. 85-year old bluesman Texas Johnny Brown passed away this week after a battle with liver cancer. Shooter Jennings got married last month; People just posted some photos from the ceremony. Pam Tillis is My Kind of Country’s Spotlight […]
Carrie Underwood to Sing Sunday Night Football Theme; Stream New McKenna, Bhiman Albums; Who is the Greatest Living Country Singer?
Carrie Underwood is replacing Faith Hill on Sunday Night Football. Elizabeth Cook and Todd Snider are on the cover of The East Nashvillian. You can download the entire issue here. John Murph of The Atlantic posted a transcript of his interesting conversation with Wulf Muller and Chuck Mitchell about the revamped OKeh Records label. Hellbound […]
- CraigR.: I beg everyone to watch the music( if you can call it that)video for Florida Georgia Line with Luke Bryan. …
- Roger: That Don Williams cover of Sing Me Back Home sounds great - have to check out that new CD.
- Gene Cross, Jr.: A very pretty song. I sure look forward to being able to buy the complete CD tomorrow. I am a …
- Kanenrake Stacey: I always wondered why RCA gave up on her so fast, I'm glad to know that it was probably because …
- bob: Great interview of an impressive young lady. I'll have to check out that Blues album when it comes out.
- Jack Pliskin: Oh it's good to hear some real country music being made in this day and age. Don Williams is simply a …
- darol anger: This band is not one you're likely to hear out on the fester or club circuit. It's a rare and …
- Livewire: So that's the interview Best listen to the album and decide for yourself. It was slated in UK's Country Music People Magazine A …
- Stormy: A little more glam rock than New Wave, but here is Kenneth Brian covering David Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhfD77QOLY
- Jack Williams: Forgot this one: Richard Thompson - Tempted (Squeeze)