Liz Anderson Passes Away; Willie Nelson Sings Country Classics; Danny Booth Joins Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen
Songwriter Liz Anderson, known for co-writing “(My Friends Are Gonna Be) Strangers,” to name just one, passed away at the age of 81. She also co-founded the Nashville Songwriters Association International. Willie Nelson tackles country classics like “Why Baby Why” and “Sixteen Tons” on Remember Me: Volume 1, due out November 21. Check out the […]
Brad Paisley Pens Diary of a Player; Chris Thile & Michael Daves Thrill at Ellnora; New Songs from Emily West
Jim Lauderdale interviewed Kenny Vaughan about his new record in a video for American Songwriter. The Professional Bull Riders are teaming up with The McClymonts, hosting a contest in which people can enter for a chance to win a trip to Australia. The McClymonts will also be performing during the 2011 PBR World Finals in […]
When John Berry burst onto the national scene in 1992, he already had a huge following in his native Georgia–even selling 10,000 copies of an indie album. His appeal wasn’t the same as some of the other neo-traditionalist, hat-wearing country singers but more on the “gentler” side of country music. Now back in his home […]
Alabama HoF Honors Jamey Johnson; Drew Kennedy Bucks Trend, Releases Album On Thursday; Cash, Parton, & Jones Reissues
The Alabama Music Hall of Fame announced its latest class of inductees, but it’s hard to tell who is actually being inducted and who is simply receiving an award. Either way, Jamey Johnson will be honored with the Alabama’s Rising Star award and Mac McAnally will receive the Arthur Alexander Songwriter’s award. Ninebullets.net: I am […]
Down in the low-country, along the banks of the slow-moving Mississippi River, water seeps through deltas and backwoods bayous, forever changing the landscape with everything it touches. But it carries more than water on its journey down that famed path. It carries a history, stories, cultures and, perhaps as strongly as any of these, a […]
Grammy Nominees; Jack Cooke & Big Bill Lister Passed Away; Dixie Chick Lawsuit Dropped; CMA CEO Resigns
Nominees for the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards in the country category are as follows: Best Female Country Vocal Performance “Dead Flowers” – Miranda Lambert “I Just Call You Mine” – Martina McBride “White Horse” – Taylor Swift “Just A Dream” – Carrie Underwood “Solitary Thinkin” – Lee Ann Womack Best Male Country Vocal Performance “All […]
New releases for the week of September 15, 2009 include: Aaron Watson – Deep in the Heart of Texas: Aaron Watson Live Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Brad Colerick – When I’m Gone Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Charlie Daniels Band – Midnight Wind … Plus (Reissue) Amazon | Raven Records Chris Knight – Trailer […]
Below are the nominees for the 43rd CMA Awards which will be broadcast live from the Sommet Center in Nashville November 11 on ABC. There’s not a lot of turnover in the artist selections from last year, but let us know what you think of this year’s selections in the comments. Entertainer of the Year […]
Trace Adkins is scheduled to perform the national anthem at this year’s ceremony honoring the passengers who died on United Airlines Flight 93 in Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001. Best Buy has an exclusive EP from Miranda Lambert today that includes “Dead Flowers” and three bonus tracks from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend that were offered by different […]
Billy Lee Riley, a pioneer of Rockabilly who was overshadowed by his contemporaries — Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, etc. — at Sun Records, passed away on Sunday at 75. (MySpace) New releases for the week of August 4, 2009 include: Cooper Boone – Cooper Boone MySpace | Artist Website Gloriana […]
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.