View Trailer for The Lost Notebooks of Hank Williams; Opry Country Classics Lineup Announced; New Video from Will Hoge
The ACM Honors show was held last night. Tom T. Hall, the late Hank Cochran, Taylor Swift, Reba, and Larry Gatlin were among those who received awards. Lydia Loveless, the 21-year old Bloodshot artist who counts Hank Williams and Britney Spears among her musical influences, chatted with Eric R. Danton for Spinner. Check out the […]
The Songwriter Agency Opens in Nashville; Hall of Fame Adds Items to Hank Williams Family Exhibit; Dierks Bentley’s New Video
The Songwriter Agency opened in Nashville with the specific goal of booking hit songwriters into a variety of mainstream venues. Full roster here. The official count for Taylor Swift‘s first week of sales for Speak Now is 1,047,000 copies. Only 16 other albums have sold a million in a week since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking […]
CMT Names Artists of the Year; All for the Hall Recapped: Parton Covers Jones; Tim McGraw’s Number Ones
Using pre-defined criteria, CMT chose its first-ever artists of the year: Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, and Zac Brown Band. They’ll be honored during a 90-minute special, CMT Artists of the Year, on Dec. 3 The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts and GAC’s Tom Roland recapped last night’s All for the Hall benefit. Vince […]
Blake Shelton Invited to Join Opry; ‘Country Strong’ Tracklist Announced; Nashville Venue Plans Austin Location
It only took the Opry 69 characters of the allotted 140 on Twitter to invite Blake Shelton to become a member during last night’s Opry House reopening ceremony. Watch video of the invitation on YouTube » Tom Roland recapped the events of the Grand Ole Opry House reopening. But the night also included performances that […]
Craig Shelburne recapped Buddy Miller‘s artist-in-residence gig at the Country Music Hall of Fame on Tuesday, which featured special guests Tom T. Hall, Emmylou Harris, and the McCrary Sisters. With the song’s composer sitting in the front row, just a few steps away, Miller nervously introduced Tom T. Hall’s “That’s How I Got to Memphis.” […]
Happy June, everybody. Summer’s in the air and it seems like everywhere you look, flowers are blooming uncontrollably. As it turns out, June’s birth flower is the rose. Thus, that’s the theme for this month’s playlist. There are literally hundreds of songs that fit this topic (more if you count songs about women named Rose, […]
The last twenty years have been a tale of two decades for Sammy Kershaw. Quite literally growing up in the honkytonks of the south, Kershaw first landed on national radio stations in 1991 with “Cadillac Style.” Over the course of the next ten years, he would have three platinum albums, three gold albums, 25 Top […]
Songwriters: Ashley Gorley and Brian Simpson Flipping through Sammy Kershaw’s extensive song catalog is deliciously indulgent: From “Cadillac Style” and “Vidalia” to “National Working Woman’s Holiday” and “Queen of My Double Wide Trailer,” the singer had a special knack for taking a country song–no matter how silly its premise–and turning it into a nineties country […]
I don’t like monkeys. But this isn’t the Friday Therapy Hour, it’s the Friday Five, so check out these monkey songs. Honorable Mentions: “One Monkey” by Gillian Welch; “Monkey Let the Hogs Out” by Jerry Douglas; “One Less Monkey” by Lorrie Morgan; “Monkey Dance” by T-Bone Burnett; “Monkey on the Doghouse” by Th’ Legendary Shack*Shakers. […]
The Zac Brown Band topped the 2009 list of the top 10 country dance club hits with its song “Toes.” GAC has the rest of the top 10 plus lists for the previous five years. Craig Shelburne considers George Strait‘s second album, Strait From the Heart, one of his finest achievements and with songs like […]
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."