The Civil Wars, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Levon Helm, and Alison Krauss & Union Station took home Grammy Awards last night. The entire list of winners is here. Is country music being pushed out of the Grammy spotlight? The late Whitney Houston’s cover of Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You” remains one of the […]
A previously unreleased John Denver song has been made into a new music video. For just half a million dollars, you can live in Roy Acuff’s house. Holly Williams has been in the studio writing and recording her upcoming third album. Bluegrass artists Donna Ulisse & The Poor Mountain Boys nearly rolled their truck en […]
Check out the Chieftains/Pistol Annies collaboration on “Come All Ye Fair and Tender Ladies” from the Chieftains’ upcoming 50th anniversary album, Voice of Ages. The Carolina Chocolate Drops’ new album, Leaving Eden, will be released on February 28. Loretta Lynn postponed her first two shows of the year to give her a few more weeks […]
Songwriters: Jon Stone, Phil Barton, and Johnny Bulford Lee Brice is well aware that sometimes the little things eventually add up to something bigger. When the country music newcomer released his single “Love Like Crazy” last year, it took 46 weeks to reach the top ten. More than two months later it was still on […]
Lady Anteblleum Leads Country Artists In Grammy Nods; Alan Jackson Fulfills Contract; Todd Snider Schedules Live Collection
As far as country artists go, Lady Antebellum came out on top during last night’s announcement of the Grammy nominees, scoring several nominations in all-genre categories. A diverse range of artists and entertainers represented the country genre though, including Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Jamey Johnson, Dailey & Vincent, Marty Stuart & Connie Smith, The […]
Partial List of CMA Awards Nominees Announced Today; Coming Soon: Rounder Records & Trace Adkins Retrospectives
A portion of the final nominees for the CMA Awards were announced today, with plans to announce the rest tomorrow. Miranda Lambert and her songs got nominated two times in three different categories, Lady Antebellum received four nods, while Easton Corbin and the Zac Brown Band each pulled in three. Capitol Nashville plans to release […]
On Wednesday morning, Little Jimmy Dickens and Brad Paisley were on hand to help return the famed six-foot circle to the center of the Opry House stage. The circle, cut from the original stage at the Ryman Auditorium, was damaged with the floods back in May, but not so much that it couldn’t be repaired. […]
In case you hadn’t heard, Rascal Flatts signed with Scott Borchetta and Big Machine Records, the home of Taylor Swift. Farce the Music had a few things to say about the new Rascal Flatts album cover. People posted the audio for all six songs on Blake Shelton‘s upcoming “six pak,” All About Tonight. Among the […]
If the lyrics on Lee Brice’s debut album are any indication, the young singer likes things that don’t change: True love, small-town country living, neighborhood bars and the unpredictability of life. Hopefully his fans feel the same way, as the songs on Love Like Crazy steadfastly stay the clichéd course. While almost every song can […]
Due to threats of a high surf from Tropical Storm Alex, Jimmy Buffet had to postpone today’s free concert on the beach at Gulf Shores in Alabama. A new date has been set for July 11, but local businesses were hoping the show would boost visitors for the Fourth of July weekend. Hundreds of lucky […]
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.