Willie Nelson’s Heroes Drops May 15; Reba’s GAC Concert Special Premieres Tomorrow; Bluegrass Meets Big Band
Heroes, Willie Nelson’s first album for Legacy, will be released on May 15. Snoop Dogg, Lukas Nelson, Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Billy Joe Shaver, Jamey Johnson, and Micah Nelson all appear on the record. This week, Amazon offered albums by Lady Antebellum and others for 25 cents. Chet Flippo talks about the ramifications in his […]
Pickathon Lineup Announced; Jerrod Niemann’s Bus Catches Fire; Friday Night Lights Actress Connie Britton to Star in ABC’s Nashville
This year’s Pickathon lineup was just announced: Whitey Morgan & The 78s, Danny Paisley & The Southern Grass, Abigail Washburn, and Cajun Country Revival are just a few of the acts slated to play the August festival. Brad Paisley announced a string of summer tour dates. Texas Heritage Songwriters Hall of Fame inducted Lyle Lovett, […]
The Civil Wars, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Levon Helm, and Alison Krauss & Union Station took home Grammy Awards last night. The entire list of winners is here. Is country music being pushed out of the Grammy spotlight? The late Whitney Houston’s cover of Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You” remains one of the […]
A previously unreleased John Denver song has been made into a new music video. For just half a million dollars, you can live in Roy Acuff’s house. Holly Williams has been in the studio writing and recording her upcoming third album. Bluegrass artists Donna Ulisse & The Poor Mountain Boys nearly rolled their truck en […]
Check out the Chieftains/Pistol Annies collaboration on “Come All Ye Fair and Tender Ladies” from the Chieftains’ upcoming 50th anniversary album, Voice of Ages. The Carolina Chocolate Drops’ new album, Leaving Eden, will be released on February 28. Loretta Lynn postponed her first two shows of the year to give her a few more weeks […]
Songwriters: Jon Stone, Phil Barton, and Johnny Bulford Lee Brice is well aware that sometimes the little things eventually add up to something bigger. When the country music newcomer released his single “Love Like Crazy” last year, it took 46 weeks to reach the top ten. More than two months later it was still on […]
Lady Anteblleum Leads Country Artists In Grammy Nods; Alan Jackson Fulfills Contract; Todd Snider Schedules Live Collection
As far as country artists go, Lady Antebellum came out on top during last night’s announcement of the Grammy nominees, scoring several nominations in all-genre categories. A diverse range of artists and entertainers represented the country genre though, including Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Jamey Johnson, Dailey & Vincent, Marty Stuart & Connie Smith, The […]
Partial List of CMA Awards Nominees Announced Today; Coming Soon: Rounder Records & Trace Adkins Retrospectives
A portion of the final nominees for the CMA Awards were announced today, with plans to announce the rest tomorrow. Miranda Lambert and her songs got nominated two times in three different categories, Lady Antebellum received four nods, while Easton Corbin and the Zac Brown Band each pulled in three. Capitol Nashville plans to release […]
On Wednesday morning, Little Jimmy Dickens and Brad Paisley were on hand to help return the famed six-foot circle to the center of the Opry House stage. The circle, cut from the original stage at the Ryman Auditorium, was damaged with the floods back in May, but not so much that it couldn’t be repaired. […]
In case you hadn’t heard, Rascal Flatts signed with Scott Borchetta and Big Machine Records, the home of Taylor Swift. Farce the Music had a few things to say about the new Rascal Flatts album cover. People posted the audio for all six songs on Blake Shelton‘s upcoming “six pak,” All About Tonight. Among the […]
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."