At the Palomino Tent I was given a few minutes to talk with Ray Price just before his set. Technically, I was not supposed to be back stage, so reaching him took a bit of fast talking, but when I did, Ray was in good spirits and ready to go. Robert Black: It doesn’t seem […]
Gene Watson, Randy Travis, Pam Tillis, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Ray Price have all long been cast aside by country radio, but each of these incredible artists continued to produce great country music into the first decade of the 21st century…and each earned a place approaching the upper reaches of our countdown. Mixed in […]
Carrie Underwood Joins Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame; John Fogerty Thrills At Americana Music Festival
Carrie Underwood and Ramona Reed, the only female singer to record a duet with Bob Wills, are two of the three honorees who will be inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame tonight. The sound is a little muddied, but Bruce Robison posted a live video of the new song “The New Me,” and […]
Miranda Lambert launched her own line of jewelry. Each piece is personally designed and handcrafted by Miranda herself, making them one-of-a-kind. If you’re looking to score a piece — good luck. Due to high demand everything is almost sold out. She’s not the only one with a new jewelry line, though. Big Kenny’s wife, Christiev […]
Collaboration between established artists has created some interesting and successful pairings throughout country music’s lifetime. Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty, Emmylou Harris and Gram Parsons, Alan Jackson and George Strait, and with the advent of technology, Alison Krauss & Keith Whitley, and Hank Williams and Bocephus. Last year, Raising Sand, […]
We haven’t featured much Grammy coverage here on The 9513, but give us credit for weighing in when it counts: after the results have been revealed and with the benefit of perfect hindsight (we certainly wouldn’t want to stick our necks out before the votes have been cast). In all seriousness, readers who desire extensive […]
Inviting strangers over to play foosball in your garage after a night of drinking can be very dangerous, even if said strangers are off-duty police officers. Just ask Steve Holy, who had a gun held to the back of his head. The situation escalated when Holy failed to provide sufficient evidence about his identity to […]
The 9513 began as a country music news site. During the past year we have diversified our content but daily news roundups remain popular among our readers. Thus, it’s only fitting that our Year in Review series for 2007 ends with a roundup of the year’s top country music news stories. 20. Sammy Kershaw’s Troubles. […]
Luke Bryan got his butt whipped by Charley Pride at a charity poker event in Las Vegas last week. “I made the final table with Charley. He and I were the chip leaders. There were about four people left, and I got dealt a pair of kings – the money hand. I bet BIG and […]
After reportedly becoming “verbally abusive” onboard a recent flight, Gretchen Wilson was stripped of her alcohol privileges and cited for a disturbance. The trouble apparently came about when the stewards asked her to keep her pet dog in its carrier case. How dare they. A special edition of the forthcoming Garth Brooks The Ultimate Hits […]
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …