Last.fm Top Artists Johnny Cash closes out February as the #1 artist for the week, with 30 listeners, a high-water mark for him for the year. Right behind him was Miranda Lambert with 29. After that, the list drops off considerably, as the artists tied for #3 were Gary Allan and Reba McEntire with 20 […]
Last.fm Top Artists After a flirtation with some new albums, most of The 9513 group members went back to the old favorites this week. Miranda Lambert is #1 with 29 listeners, and Sugarland makes the big leap up to #2 with 27. That’s nine more listeners than last week. Lady Antebellum and Josh Turner, meanwhile, […]
Last.fm Top Artists While Josh Turner has normally averaged around 13 listeners per week, the release of a new album shot him up to #4 on the list this week, with 23 listeners. It’s a decent showing but not spectacular, which is pretty much in line with how the album reviews have been. Once again, […]
Last.fm Top Artists It didn’t take long for Miranda Lambert to reclaim her status as the #1 artist, with 28 listeners. Next came Carrie Underwood with 26, and Lady Antebellum with 24. So the whole Lady A surge lasted for all of a week around here. Gary Allan gets another week in the Top 10, […]
A couple notes: Because the Last.fm Top Albums chart is messed up (the same chart has repeated all month, and not even the new Lady Antebellum album showed up this week), I’ll be avoiding it until it’s fixed. Secondly, I’ve done a little tallying and have come up with the top artists of the month […]
Last.fm Top Artists Johnny Cash rules the roost for a second straight week, this time with 29 listeners. Surprisingly, Sugarland made it up to a tie for #2 with Miranda Lambert, with 26 listeners. After being the dominant artist in the early months of The 9513 group, the duo had lately fallen out of the […]
Last.fm Top Artists Just when you thought we’d had pretty much all of the Johnny Cash material that was available, we were treated with the news that one more album is going to be released this year. He’s doing pretty good with posthumous releases, but he’s got a way to go before he’s in the […]
Last.fm Top Artists Without any new music at the present, members of The 9513 group have gone back to their favorites, with Miranda Lambert and George Strait tied for #1 with 33 listeners each. While the rest of the Top 10 features some old favorites, artists like Garth Brooks and Taylor Swift (25 listeners each) […]
Last.fm Top Artists The members of the ever-growing The 9513 group (143 and counting) spent their New Year’s holiday by listening to a lot of the Man in Black, so we must be gearing up for a depressing 2010. Johnny Cash had 28 listeners to rank at #1, with Miranda Lambert (27 listeners) and Dixie […]
Last.fm Top Artists The 9513 group members apparently worked music into their holiday celebrations somehow, as the numbers don’t show any kind of a drop from previous weeks. Brad Paisley closes out the year at #1 with 31 listeners. Far behind, with 26, were Trisha Yearwood and Miranda Lambert at #2. Rascal Flatts makes a […]
- Paul W Dennis: This album is next on my must-acquire list. I remember listening to Mac on the WWVA Big Jamboree in the …
- Paul W Dennis: I don't usually agree with Luckyoldsun but he's right - "Girl In A Country Song" reeks. On the other …
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …