I’ve been getting a lot of heat lately for my comments on the new Kenny Chesney single, but when a major label artist charges that “Waylon never sang about the beach”, can there be any doubt about who’s in the crosshairs? Lance Miller, a finalist on the second season of Nashville Star, has proven with […]
EW.com follows up today with their top 25 Best Love Songs Ever. Johnny Cash makes an appearance on the list at number twelve with “Ring of Fire” and Dolly Parton gets a nod, but ultimately the recognition goes to Whitney Houston for “I Will Always Love You”. Does anyone else feel like country might have […]
When talking about his new album, Cowboy Town, due out on October 2nd, Ronnie Dunn said: “This really is kind of like cowboys meet the Rolling Stones. There’s a bunch of fun stuff on there. And it sounds different than anything we’ve ever done.” Watch: Adam Hood plays a couple of songs live in studio […]
- Dave D.: Sorry, "Gave Her 'Heart' to Jethro."
- Dave D.: "Pay No Attention to Alice", "Homecoming", and "She Gave Her Love to Jethro" start to scratch the surface of my …
- Erik North: "A Week In A Country Jail", hot baloney, eggs, and gravy, and all.
- Paul W Dennis: This album is next on my must-acquire list. I remember listening to Mac on the WWVA Big Jamboree in the …
- Paul W Dennis: I don't usually agree with Luckyoldsun but he's right - "Girl In A Country Song" reeks. On the other …
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …