The nominees for the 2014 Americana Honors & Awards were named yesterday (check our Facebook page later today for Barry Mazor’s exclusive photos from yesterday’s announcement shindig): Album of the Year: Sarah Jarosz – Build Me Up from Bones, Robert Ellis – The Lights from the Chemical Plant, Rosanne Cash – The River and the […]
Dolly, Nickel Creek Debut Songs; FreshGrass Lineup Announced; New Opry Country Classics Season Premieres March 27
The 2014 FreshGrass lineup looks excellent: Rodney Crowell, The Gibson Brothers, Valerie June, The Martha Redbone Roots Project, and Darol Anger are just a few of the acts scheduled to play the September festival in North Adams, Mass. RollingStone.com premiered the title track for Dolly Parton’s forthcoming album, Blue Smoke. Larry Gatlin returns as host […]
Another sign the country music apocalypse is descending upon us all: Aerosmith has been named as one of the 40 most influential acts that shaped the lives of today’s biggest country stars. Linda Martell, the first African-American woman to perform on the Grand Ole Opry stage, will have her 1970 vinyl album, Color Me Country, […]
HoF to Launch Miranda Lambert Exhibit; Jesse McReynolds Celebrates 50 Years with the Opry; Dolly Books Glastonbury Gig
Miranda Lambert: Backstage Access will open at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on May 16; the exhibition will run through November 9. Tomorrow the Grand Ole Opry will pay tribute to Jesse McReynolds, who celebrates his 50th anniversary as an Opry member this year. Tammy Wynette’s daughters want the singer’s name to […]
This summer’s DelFest lineup has been announced. The Gibson Brothers, Sierra Hull, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn, The Duhks, Ricky Skaggs & Bruce Hornsby with Kentucky Thunder, and Hot Rize featuring Red Knuckles and The Trailblazers are just a few of the acts who’ll be playing the Memorial Day weekend festival in […]
Levi Lowrey’s Sophomore Album Due in February; Ricky Skaggs Speaks at National Press Club; Brooklyn John Hartford Tribute Lineup Announced
Levi Lowrey’s second solo album will be released on February 25. On the last day of 2013, Lowrey will offer a free download of his song “December Thirty-One.” Elephant Revival and Lake Street Dive made NPR’s list of 10 artists you should have known in 2013. This is a neat photo gallery of images from […]
Loretta Lynn didn’t let a broken rib keep her from singing. Lynn also told Billboard’s Chuck Dauphin that she’s interested in making another album with Jack White. The Earl Scruggs Center will open in Shelby, NC on January 11. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum has secured $78 million in contributions as part […]
- Jack Williams: I'm a little surprised to hear of Shelby Lynne signing with another label, even if it is Rounder. She …
- A.B.: THREE new albums from Sturgill next year?! I'm excited for that!
- Keith Samuels: I can't wait to listen to the entire recording. What a treasure.
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!