To celebrate what would have been his 80th birthday this past weekend, TIME released a bunch of previously unreleased Johnny Cash photographs. David Allan Coe and Hank Williams III are collaborating on a new music project. George Strait had to cancel a concert two songs into a show in Kansas City. Take a listen to […]
Curb to Release Hank Jr. Walmart Exclusive CD; Jim Lauderdale Documentary to Air in Australia; New Album Releases
Chris Thile finds the first two Nickel Creek albums “unbearably smug.” Old-time fiddler Joe Thompson passed away yesterday at the age of 93. Thompson influenced several musicians, including the Carolina Chocolate Drops. Here is a 2007 performance at the Kennedy Center. George Jones and Tammy Wynette and Rosanne Cash and Rodney Crowell are featured in […]
Four the Record Track Listing Unveiled; IBMA Awards Performers Announced; Kathleen Edwards On Tour with Bon Iver
Songwriter Owen Davis, best known for “The Other Side of Nashville,” passed away. Emmylou Harris is performing at the Kennedy Center tonight as part of an event to commemorate the events of September 11. The event will stream here tonight beginning at 7:30pm Eastern. Wynton Marsalis, the National Symphony Orchestra, and others will perform, while […]
Having already announced a new major-label album forthcoming on the Warner music label, Dwight Yoakam will have some new news to share shortly. Rumors are flying around Hollywood that Yoakam will be the bad guy opposite Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in Gore Verbinski’s upcoming Lone Ranger flick. Singer-songwriter Bill Morrissey passed away. The […]
The Country Music Hall of Fame induction announcement is typically a private press affair, and this year is no different, except for the first time ever, the general public can watch via Ustream as the 2011 honorees are revealed. The event, hosted by Kix Brooks, is scheduled for later this morning, 9:30 AM/CST to be […]
Jesse Dayton was chosen to play the lead in a new play about Kinky Friedman that’ll officially debut late next month. Set your music libraries to shuffle and record the first 20 songs to play. Nashville Scene’s Edd Hurt on Todd Snider: He takes a dim view of what he calls the “artsy-fartsy” wing of […]
Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer Perform Toegther; Country Stars Land Roles in New Civil War Mini-Series; Free Rodney Crowell
Up until this past fall, sisters Shelby Lynne and Allison Moorer have kept their musical lives separate. Recently though, they’ve performed several intimate shows together as part of what they’ve dubbed their Side By Side tour. NPR is streaming a collection of songs that they performed live in Studio 4A, including the song they open […]
Kix Brooks Bucks Trend and Loses the ‘Stache; Alan Jackson Celebrates 34 Number Ones with New Release
Kix Brooks sans ‘stache. The New York Times‘ Jon Caramanica on the new Keith Urban record, Get Closer: His lightly scuffed but comely voice, like his adept but unfussy guitar playing, presents a palatable blankness: beyond the odd glint of banjo or dollop of twang, these songs could be the work of someone like, well, […]
Why is country music the best? Country music is more diverse than any other genre. It embraces a lot of styles and sounds and Country artists are influenced by all those different styles. And…Country music fans have the biggest boobs. – Blake Shelton In what city is there a street named George Jones Place? I […]
Carrie Underwood Records Song for ‘Narnia’ Movie; Norah Jones’ “Creepin’ In” with Dolly Parton; Carter’s Chord’s Christmas Collection
Carrie Underwood co-wrote a new song titled “There’s a Place For Us” for the upcoming film The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Stream it, if you’d like, over at NashvilleGab. Am I still allowed to mention The Fabulous Ginn Sisters on a country blog? They mention a change in sound from […]
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."