Songwriters: Carson Chamberlain, Ashley Gorley and Wade Kirby Despite being self-titled, Easton Corbin’s 2008 debut album drew many comparisons to established country names with similarly deep voices and tight, clever songs wrapped in steel guitar. And while sounding like George Strait or Joe Nichols doesn’t hurt the buzz around a new artist, it certainly sets the [...]
Songwriters: Jim Beavers and Bob DiPiero Although Easton Corbin won Top New Solo Vocalist at the 2011 Academy of Country Music Awards last year, he hasn’t graced radio airwaves since 2010 single “I Can’t Love You Back” climbed its way into the Top 15 songs on country radio. The singer, who broke onto the scene [...]
Songwriters: Craig Campbell, Jason Matthews and Jim McCormick Craig Campbell seemed to pop out of nowhere with little fanfare or buzz when his debut single “Family Man,” a grounded narrative about blue-collar home life, steadily climbed the country charts into the top 15. The song, off his self-titled album, had that elusive commercial and critical [...]
- Rick: Why Leeann, I'm all for "charity" when I am the recipient! (lol)
- Rick: I'm glad to see Miss Leslie was able to raise enough funds to record a new album. I can't wait ...
- J.R. Journey: Congratulations to Trisha Yearwood and Little Big Town. They join Hank Williams Jr. in the country-stars-with-Emmy-awards category.
- Juli Thanki: They're no Tracy Jordan.
- Luckyoldsun: Here he is with Mr. Johnny Carson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5QC9ZJkM8
- Blake Boldt: Trisha and LBT for the EGOT.
- Barry Mazor: I thought Luckyol was kidding--and he may have been. The Ames Bros charted dozens of times, and Ed Ames ...
- bob: Before going solo, Ed Ames was a member of the Ames Brothers. The brothers had some hits in the 50's ...
- Luckyoldsun: "My parents’ record collection consisted of Ed Ames, Perry Como..." Ed Ames made records? I did not know that. I thought ...
- Leeann Ward: Old Town, where Griffin is from, is just a few minutes away from me.