Opry to Celebrate Charlie Daniels’ 75th Birthday; Steve Martin Named Person of the Week; New Music Videos
Celebrating their 30th year together, Sawyer Brown will release their first new project in four years today called Travelin’ Band. It will be available digitally most everywhere but only physically through their website. “We’ve been working on this album so long that they were still called albums when we started working on it,” jokes lead […]
Second Round of CMA Awards Performers Announced; Oct. 5th New Releases; Blake Shelton Preps Hits Album
Hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood were announced as performers for the Nov. 10th CMA Awards. Rounding out the list in this second announcement of performers were Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Reba McEntire, Sugarland, and George Strait. After six years and four albums together, The Grascals and Rounder split ways. If you watched the new […]
How hard is it to get mosh seats at the CMT Awards? Getting the seats is easy. Moshing to Lady Antebellum is hard. — Stephen I think you’re thinking of the wrong type of award show. Wait, wait. No, you’re right. — Karlie Mosh seats? If that’s your expectation, I’d recommend against even trying. — […]
Songwriter Chris DuBois, producer Frank Rogers, and Brad Paisley are launching a new Sony Nashville record label imprint called Sea Gayle Records. The label’s debut artist is Jerrod Niemann (MySpace). (via All About Country) The Country Music Hall of Fame website got a makeover. (via Country Music Tattle Tale) Nashville At Nite attended last week’s […]
What did Beyonce think after Kenya interrupted the awards? She figured the country’s government must still be bitter that Taylor Swift is only bringing her tour to the West coast of Africa. — Karlie What subgenre is Taylor Swift? Moody electropunk jazzbilly thrash metal with operatic overtones. Or just pop-country. — CMW When will I […]
Caitlin & Will/Keith Anderson Dropped; Gretchen Wilson’s Redneck Records; Initial Lineup for CMA Awards
Caitlin & Will and Keith Anderson have parted ways with Columbia Records. Tune in to GAC tonight to catch the premiere of “Why Don’t We Just Dance,” the first single and new video from Josh Turner‘s recently delayed album. The previous album release date was Nov. 10, but that has been pushed back three months […]
For two days, March 17 and 18, American Idol will feature a Grand Ole Opry theme in which contestants will choose and perform songs popularized by Opry members. Carrie Underwood will also appear on the show to sing “I Told You So” with Randy Travis and Brad Paisley will debut his new single, “Then.” Kelleigh […]
Jim Lauderdale, Sam Bush, Nanci Griffith and Foster & Lloyd have been confirmed to perform as part of the Americana Music Association’s ‘Live at The Bluebird Cafe’ series starting in February. Little Big Town announced that bands and musicians can register to compete for an opening slot on the upcoming A Place To Land Tour. […]
Don’t confuse disappointing with worst, as that list would most likely be dominated by obscure indie knockoff bands along with a couple of mainstream releases. There has to be a modicum of expectation that’s dashed upon the release of an album for it to qualify for the year’s most disappointing. Hopefully all of the acts […]
Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton and Garth Brooks are among the country artists who have hosted Saturday Night Live and on November 22 Tim McGraw will be added to that esteemed lineup. Jon Caramanica profiles Taylor Swift‘s rise to fame and shrewd business practices (or “relatability” factor) in an article for The New York […]
- luckyoldsun: That Bobby Bare/Bill Parsons story has been often told, but I still don't quite understand how two then-nobodies could go …
- Leeann: The Jack Clement album is quite good!
- Donald: "Ryan Adams announced .... the August 19 release of “1984,'" Which, I'm told, is the fifteen years later update of his …
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …
- paul w dennis: The Kershaw album is really noteworthy for its song selections. Other than "I'll Share My World With You", it omits …
- Leeann: The Sammy Kershaw tribute to George Jones is pretty good on first listen. Of course, Sammy's no George, but their …