Four the Record Track Listing Unveiled; IBMA Awards Performers Announced; Kathleen Edwards On Tour with Bon Iver
Songwriter Owen Davis, best known for “The Other Side of Nashville,” passed away. Emmylou Harris is performing at the Kennedy Center tonight as part of an event to commemorate the events of September 11. The event will stream here tonight beginning at 7:30pm Eastern. Wynton Marsalis, the National Symphony Orchestra, and others will perform, while […]
Equally influenced by Patsy Cline and Radiohead, Brandi Carlile blends country, pop, folk, and rock and counts Elton John as one of her fans. At only 28 years old, she’s already worked with the likes of T Bone Burnett and Rick Rubin, who produced her third full length album, 2009′s Give Up the Ghost. Written […]
Wednesday, July 1, was Canada Day. Hopefully by now you’ve all recovered from your raucous celebration. Aside from watching Kids in the Hall and drinking mass quantities of Moosehead (or Tim Hortons coffee if that’s your drug of choice), what better way to honor our northern neighbors than with a list of some Canadian country […]
John Doe, of seminal punk band X, has been flirting with the country music sound for years now. In the mid 80s he played bass in side project The Knitters, an excellent alt-country band (in addition to Doe, the band included Dave Alvin, Exene Cervenka, Johnny Ray Bartel and D.J. Bonebrake) whose two albums are […]
Jo Dee Messina and her husband welcomed their first baby, Noah Roger Deffenbaugh, into the world at a Nashville-area hospital yesterday. The folks from the Music Fog blog interviewed Bruce Robison and Sunny Sweeney at the Black Tie & Boots Inaugural Ball yesterday and posted videos of performances from Cross Canadian Ragweed, Jack Ingram, Gary […]
Galleywinter has the lowdown on Randy Rogers’ 3rd Annual Sake of the Song Festival this Friday and Saturday, plus the history behind the festival. Jerrod Nieman added “The Way It Used To Be” to his MySpace, go check it out. When John Hiatt married his wife Nancy they each had a kid, which means the […]
Carlene Carter – Stronger Born the daughter of June Carter and Carl Smith and step-daughter to Johnny Cash made Carlene Carter an heir to a rich line of country music nobility, but that doesn’t mean you’ll finder her latest album dripping with steel guitars, fiddles, and hillbilly twang. Stronger is at times beautiful and poignant, […]
Dolly Parton will be the first of four superstar guest mentors on American Idol this year. Her stint as mentor begins tomorrow night when contestants will choose from her catalog for their performances, but don’t expect her to be too critical. “Even the bad (singers) are just as sincere as the good ones,” Parton said. […]
Capitol Nashville/EMI will honor the legacy of Chris LeDoux on April 29th with a new CD/DVD collection titled Classic Chris LeDoux. Among the 15 audio tracks and 15 videos on the new collection are LeDoux’s “Bang A Drum” with Jon Bon Jovi, “Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy” with Garth Brooks, and the music video […]
Kenny Chesney leads the 2008 ACM Awards nominations with 11 while Rodney Atkins pulled in six. Here’s a list. Ricky Skaggs will be awarded a Berklee honorary doctorate of music on the Grand Ole Opry stage. Skaggs’ virtuosity, his rich musicality, and his commitment to the deep roots of American music make him a deserving […]
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."
- Jack Williams: Lynch Blues - Corey Harris Countrycide (The Ballad of Ed and Charlie Brown) - Alvin Youngblood Hart Divine Object of Hatred - …
- TexasVet: Marty Robbins - The Hanging Tree https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xczpRc6_yBA
- Janice Brooks: Nice lineup I think I read today was the Emmett Till incident.
- Juli Thanki: For $2,000, I'd want to ride a unicorn in Central Park with Chely.
- luckyoldsun: Leann- I've biked a lot of laps around Central Park over the years. If I thought it would get me to …