Four the Record Track Listing Unveiled; IBMA Awards Performers Announced; Kathleen Edwards On Tour with Bon Iver
Songwriter Owen Davis, best known for “The Other Side of Nashville,” passed away. Emmylou Harris is performing at the Kennedy Center tonight as part of an event to commemorate the events of September 11. The event will stream here tonight beginning at 7:30pm Eastern. Wynton Marsalis, the National Symphony Orchestra, and others will perform, while […]
Equally influenced by Patsy Cline and Radiohead, Brandi Carlile blends country, pop, folk, and rock and counts Elton John as one of her fans. At only 28 years old, she’s already worked with the likes of T Bone Burnett and Rick Rubin, who produced her third full length album, 2009′s Give Up the Ghost. Written […]
Wednesday, July 1, was Canada Day. Hopefully by now you’ve all recovered from your raucous celebration. Aside from watching Kids in the Hall and drinking mass quantities of Moosehead (or Tim Hortons coffee if that’s your drug of choice), what better way to honor our northern neighbors than with a list of some Canadian country […]
John Doe, of seminal punk band X, has been flirting with the country music sound for years now. In the mid 80s he played bass in side project The Knitters, an excellent alt-country band (in addition to Doe, the band included Dave Alvin, Exene Cervenka, Johnny Ray Bartel and D.J. Bonebrake) whose two albums are […]
Jo Dee Messina and her husband welcomed their first baby, Noah Roger Deffenbaugh, into the world at a Nashville-area hospital yesterday. The folks from the Music Fog blog interviewed Bruce Robison and Sunny Sweeney at the Black Tie & Boots Inaugural Ball yesterday and posted videos of performances from Cross Canadian Ragweed, Jack Ingram, Gary […]
Galleywinter has the lowdown on Randy Rogers’ 3rd Annual Sake of the Song Festival this Friday and Saturday, plus the history behind the festival. Jerrod Nieman added “The Way It Used To Be” to his MySpace, go check it out. When John Hiatt married his wife Nancy they each had a kid, which means the […]
Carlene Carter – Stronger Born the daughter of June Carter and Carl Smith and step-daughter to Johnny Cash made Carlene Carter an heir to a rich line of country music nobility, but that doesn’t mean you’ll finder her latest album dripping with steel guitars, fiddles, and hillbilly twang. Stronger is at times beautiful and poignant, […]
Dolly Parton will be the first of four superstar guest mentors on American Idol this year. Her stint as mentor begins tomorrow night when contestants will choose from her catalog for their performances, but don’t expect her to be too critical. “Even the bad (singers) are just as sincere as the good ones,” Parton said. […]
Capitol Nashville/EMI will honor the legacy of Chris LeDoux on April 29th with a new CD/DVD collection titled Classic Chris LeDoux. Among the 15 audio tracks and 15 videos on the new collection are LeDoux’s “Bang A Drum” with Jon Bon Jovi, “Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy” with Garth Brooks, and the music video […]
Kenny Chesney leads the 2008 ACM Awards nominations with 11 while Rodney Atkins pulled in six. Here’s a list. Ricky Skaggs will be awarded a Berklee honorary doctorate of music on the Grand Ole Opry stage. Skaggs’ virtuosity, his rich musicality, and his commitment to the deep roots of American music make him a deserving […]
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Delighted to hear that Hot Rize have a new album coming out – and thanks for the link to that …
- luckyoldsun: Nobody can do Karaoke George Jones like Kershaw!
- Bruce: LW, Don't apologize for your Bryant comment. You were more gracious than I would have been.
- Bruce: My vote is for Marty Stuart for his exhaustive body of work that is directional yet diversified.
- Leeann: Dang! Let me write my above sentence again!: Kelley MicKwee’s album is sounding good so far too. I really like “Beautiful …
- paul w dennis: The Kershaw album is really noteworthy for its song selections. Other than "I'll Share My World With You", it omits …
- Leeann: The Sammy Kershaw tribute to George Jones is pretty good on first listen. Of course, Sammy's no George, but their …
- Jeremy Dylan: I did a podcast on Joni Mitchell's BLUE album recently and was wondering if there was a good bio of …
- Leeann Ward: Well, that was a mighty unnecessarily flippant comment I just made there and the better angels of my nature make …
- Leeann Ward: As for me, I'd realize I'd written a crappy song if Luke Bryan ended up being the one who wanted …