The Ryman will soon get a new stage. Deana Carter launched a brand new website and gave a glimpse of her upcoming album: I have been writing SO much that it’s been hard to carve out time to get back in the studio for my own record, much less decide which songs to do! What […]
Taylor Swift Named Billboard Woman of the Year; Punch Brothers to Open for Paul Simon; Kasey Chambers Nabs ARIA Award Nominations
Coming on December 1 from Texas A&M University Press: I’ll Be Here in the Morning: The Songwriting Legacy of Townes Van Zandt, by Brian T. Atkinson. Barry Mazor was quoted in the press release: “Commendably, I’ll Be Here in the Morning celebrates the artful song maker and intellect Van Zandt was at his best and […]
Drive-By Truckers Greatest Hits; Randy Travis Celebrates 25 Years in Country Music; Loretta Lynn Cancels Appearance
Check out some new tunes from Emily West. And one from the Avett Brothers. Loretta Lynn canceled an appearance in Ohio for health reasons. In honor of the 50th Philadelphia Folk Festival, local brewery Yards is releasing Folk Fest Lager, to debut at, of course, the festival from August 19-21. On August 16, Rodney Dillard […]
Being six months pregnant in the sauna that is a Washington, DC summer—after a transcontinental flight and sleeping in a tour bus bunk—seems, well, pretty miserable. You wouldn’t know it by looking at Kasey Chambers, though. Her Saturday night show at Alexandria, Virgina’s Birchmere was an hour and forty minutes of pure delight thanks to […]
In yesterday’s roundup we forgot to list a new edition of Country California’s always excellent Quotable Country. Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood are returning as CMA Awards hosts. This year’s awards show will be held November 9. Rural Rhythm Records is packing up and moving from the Los Angeles area to Mt. Juliet, Tennessee. Says […]
The Nashville Songwriters Association International handed out awards in its Nashville parking lot yesterday. The Tennessean has a brief recap. More awards were handed out yesterday during the Academy of Country Music Honors — the special award recipients and non-televised winners of the ACM Awards. Poet’s Award winners were Cindy Walker and Don Schlitz, Mel […]
Last.fm Top Artists After a flirtation with some new albums, most of The 9513 group members went back to the old favorites this week. Miranda Lambert is #1 with 29 listeners, and Sugarland makes the big leap up to #2 with 27. That’s nine more listeners than last week. Lady Antebellum and Josh Turner, meanwhile, […]
I don’t like monkeys. But this isn’t the Friday Therapy Hour, it’s the Friday Five, so check out these monkey songs. Honorable Mentions: “One Monkey” by Gillian Welch; “Monkey Let the Hogs Out” by Jerry Douglas; “One Less Monkey” by Lorrie Morgan; “Monkey Dance” by T-Bone Burnett; “Monkey on the Doghouse” by Th’ Legendary Shack*Shakers. […]
The penultimate installment of our countdown may be dominated by legends like Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, The Louvin Brothers, Loretta Lynn and Johny Cash, but it’s a husband and wife duo from down under who come up at the top of this segment, just one notch shy of the Top 10. 20. You Don’t Know […]
At a Nashville press conference today, Garth Brooks announced that he’s coming out of retirement with an extended engagement at the Wynn Resort in Las Vegas. Taylor Swift scored Saturday Night Live hosting duties for Nov. 7. Singer-songwriter Drew Kennedy, one-half of The 9513 sponsored New American Voices tour, debuted his newest album last night. […]
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime