Charlie Worsham and Ashley Monroe Collaborate; Kasey Anderson Sentenced; Dolly Participates in Tenn. Tourism Campaign
Americana singer-songwriter Kasey Anderson was sentenced to nearly four years in prison; he must also pay nearly $600,000 in restitution after bilking investors for a nonexistent charity album. Here’s Dolly Parton performing “My Tennessee Mountain Home” for the state’s new tourism campaign. (warning: autoplay) Eric Banister interviewed Michael Jarrett, author of Producing Country: The Inside […]
Randy Travis, Joe Nichols to Release Albums in October; Stream Stuart Duncan/Dolly Parton Collaboration; Album Releases
Randy Travis will release Influence, Vol. 1: The Man I Am on October 1. On this album, he’ll look back at “songs and artists that were instrumental in crafting his musical career;” the track listing includes “Thanks a Lot,” “Saginaw, Michigan,” and “Someday We’ll Look Back.” (via press release) Joe Nichols’ next album, Crickets, is […]
Randy Travis pleaded guilty to DWI; he received “two years of probation, a $2,000 fine and a 180-day suspended jail sentence. If he doesn’t successfully complete the probation, he will face the jail time. He was ordered to spend at least 30 days at an alcohol treatment facility, complete 100 hours of community service and […]
Kasey Anderson Charged with Wire Fraud; Emmylou Harris Charged with Hit-and-Run; Stream SteelDrivers’ Hammer Down
Patty Andrews, the last surviving member of the Andrews Sisters, died of natural causes yesterday at the age of 94. L.A. prosecutors have charged Emmylou Harris with hit-and-run for “failing to exchange information with a driver whose car she hit on a freeway on Oct. 1.” Stream the SteelDrivers’ new record, Hammer Down, at Twang […]
Elvis Presley died on this day in 1977. Do you remember where you were when you heard the news? Merle Haggard was hospitalized over the weekend and had to cancel his Saturday night show. Over the Rhine, Rosanne Cash, Kasey Anderson, Rhett Miller, and Jason Isbell make Paste‘s list of 50 Musicians Worth Following on […]
- Ken Morton, Jr.: The inferiority complex of the CMA never ceases to amaze me.
- Barry Mazor: Thanks for explaining that to me, Luckyol.
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I think you're taking it a bit too seriously. CMT has to keep coming up with new lists to make. …
- Barry Mazor: Thi is a world in which the "top 40 most influential country artists of all time" do not include, for …
- luckyoldsun: I just noticed that Garth and King George are still to come. So unless I'm missing something else, the remaining seven …
- Leeann Ward: I hate it when people pronounce the days of the week with a "dy" ending instead of "day." It's like …
- luckyoldsun: Looking at that bizarre CMT Artists' list with Johnny Cash coming in at #8, it raises the question--Who are the …
- Leeann Ward: I'd have to agree with LOS here. The song was fair game to be released. It's no surprised that it …
- luckyoldsun: "'Brotherly Love,' IS a Keith Whitley song. Trying to take advantage of the impact sales, and the tragedy of Keith’s …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, we know that it's technically a Keith Whitley song, as Juli noted above.