Charlie Worsham and Ashley Monroe Collaborate; Kasey Anderson Sentenced; Dolly Participates in Tenn. Tourism Campaign
Americana singer-songwriter Kasey Anderson was sentenced to nearly four years in prison; he must also pay nearly $600,000 in restitution after bilking investors for a nonexistent charity album. Here’s Dolly Parton performing “My Tennessee Mountain Home” for the state’s new tourism campaign. (warning: autoplay) Eric Banister interviewed Michael Jarrett, author of Producing Country: The Inside […]
Randy Travis, Joe Nichols to Release Albums in October; Stream Stuart Duncan/Dolly Parton Collaboration; Album Releases
Randy Travis will release Influence, Vol. 1: The Man I Am on October 1. On this album, he’ll look back at “songs and artists that were instrumental in crafting his musical career;” the track listing includes “Thanks a Lot,” “Saginaw, Michigan,” and “Someday We’ll Look Back.” (via press release) Joe Nichols’ next album, Crickets, is […]
Randy Travis pleaded guilty to DWI; he received “two years of probation, a $2,000 fine and a 180-day suspended jail sentence. If he doesn’t successfully complete the probation, he will face the jail time. He was ordered to spend at least 30 days at an alcohol treatment facility, complete 100 hours of community service and […]
Kasey Anderson Charged with Wire Fraud; Emmylou Harris Charged with Hit-and-Run; Stream SteelDrivers’ Hammer Down
Patty Andrews, the last surviving member of the Andrews Sisters, died of natural causes yesterday at the age of 94. L.A. prosecutors have charged Emmylou Harris with hit-and-run for “failing to exchange information with a driver whose car she hit on a freeway on Oct. 1.” Stream the SteelDrivers’ new record, Hammer Down, at Twang […]
Elvis Presley died on this day in 1977. Do you remember where you were when you heard the news? Merle Haggard was hospitalized over the weekend and had to cancel his Saturday night show. Over the Rhine, Rosanne Cash, Kasey Anderson, Rhett Miller, and Jason Isbell make Paste‘s list of 50 Musicians Worth Following on […]
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …
- nm: Agreed. A good job by three very smart women.
- Deremy Jylan: The Hight piece is tremendous reading.
- Juli Thanki: Much like the music of Aldean and FGL, Michelob Ultra is favored by college kids and too much exposure will …
- Tom: ...michelob ultra seems to be a brew from hell.