Some of country’s less-heralded, less-promoted releases of the past year are not only very well worth hearing, they also introduced or re-introduced ideas which this writer, for whatever it’s worth, would like to see more artists and producers take up. Among the strongest 2010 releases was the only marginally noted Amber Digby & Justin Trevino […]
Earlier this year, country singer Amber Digby teamed up with Justin Trevino to release a duet album brimming with old and soon-to-be classics. Titled Keeping Up Appearances, highlights include the Jack Greene-Jeannie Seely hit “Wish I Didn’t Have To Miss You,” Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty’s “Lead Me On” and “After The Fire Is Gone.” […]
George Jones to Join Texas Country Music Hall of Fame; New Releases; Randy Houser Reveals More Tracks
George Jones, Al Dexter, and Ray Winkler are scheduled to be inducted into the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame this Saturday (Aug. 21) This year’s special guest performer will be Mel Tillis and the Statesiders. Also performing will be the Justin Trevino Band featuring Tony Booth, Georgette Jones, Frankie Miller, Darryl McCall, Mona McCall, […]
The People Choose Carrie Underwood; Nashville Scene Publishes Critics’ Poll; Music Fog Covers MusicFest
Last night’s People’s Choice Award winners included: Carrie Underwood for favorite country artist, Taylor Swift for favorite female artist, and Keith Urban for favorite male artist. The Infamous Stringdusters have a busy year scheduled, starting with a Wednesday night residency at the Station Inn throughout January. The group’s new album Things That Fly is slated […]
I haven’t watched the CMA awards in years. Sometimes I’ve had a gig, but most of the time, there wasn’t anything there to interest me. I would flip channels and land on the awards show, but wouldn’t stay long. In the 80s, I didn’t miss a show. All my favorite artists were on. Country had […]
There are a lot of minutes in the day. 1,440 of them, to be exact. And there are 58 minutes in this list. Spend a couple of yours with these songs. 5. “Another Nine Minutes” – Yankee Grey Remember them? This catchy ode to the snooze button went to #15 in 2000. Unfortunately, these two-hit […]
- A.B.: I think I understand why the eating disorder facility wants to be located there besides it being the former Cash …
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.