Healing in the Heartland Benefit Concert Airs Tomorrow; Developers Want to Demolish Bob Wills’ Triple B Ranch; Album Releases
Blake Shelton’s Healing in the Heartland Oklahoma benefit concert airs on NBC tomorrow night at 9:00 Eastern. It’ll also be broadcast on Style, CMT, E!, G4, and Bravo. Performers include Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Reba, and Vince Gill. Jody Rosen wrote an excellent profile on Shane McAnally for The New York Times. A developer has obtained a [...]
The Academy of Country Music Awards were held last night. Here are some of the winners (you can find a detailed list of nominees and winners here): Video of the Year: Little Big Town – “Tornado” Vocal Event of the Year: Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan and Eric Church – “The Only Way I Know” [...]
George Strait to Hold Press Conference This Afternoon; Chris LeDoux Gets Marker on Country Music Trail; Tony Rice Cancels Shows Due to Illness
Loretta Lynn celebrated 50 years as an Opry member yesterday. George Strait is holding a press conference this afternoon at 12:35 Central. You’ll be able to watch here. No word yet on what the big announcement will be, but hopefully it’s not his retirement. UPDATE: the two-year The Cowboy Rides Away Tour will be Strait’s [...]
Last week’s CMA Music Fest sold out for the third consecutive year. That includes the scores of people treated for heatstroke. The fantastic, four-part BBC country music documentary Lost Highway is now available on YouTube. Here’s Part I. Jewel unveiled her transformation into June Carter Cash for an upcoming Lifetime biopic. Late last night, there [...]
Dirt Drifters Cancel All Upcoming Appearances; Chatham County Line Plans Live Album Release; Jewel to Play June Carter Cash in Lifetime Movie
The Ryman’s chief audio engineer, Les Banks, talks about the room’s sound with Mix Magazine: “There are so many reflective surfaces, and the biggest challenge is the absolutely phenomenal difference between the empty Ryman at soundcheck and a full house that night. It’s night-and-day different; to this day I get freaked out by how loud [...]
- J.R. Journey: Congratulations to Trisha Yearwood and Little Big Town. They join Hank Williams Jr. in the country-stars-with-Emmy-awards category.
- Juli Thanki: They're no Tracy Jordan.
- Luckyoldsun: Here he is with Mr. Johnny Carson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5QC9ZJkM8
- Blake Boldt: Trisha and LBT for the EGOT.
- Barry Mazor: I thought Luckyol was kidding--and he may have been. The Ames Bros charted dozens of times, and Ed Ames ...
- bob: Before going solo, Ed Ames was a member of the Ames Brothers. The brothers had some hits in the 50's ...
- Luckyoldsun: "My parents’ record collection consisted of Ed Ames, Perry Como..." Ed Ames made records? I did not know that. I thought ...
- Leeann Ward: Old Town, where Griffin is from, is just a few minutes away from me.
- Leeann Ward: Being a Mainer, I wish I had some of what they were drinkin'.
- Arlene: In the interest of completeness, "Rust Belt Fields" is a co-write with his childhood friend, Rod Picott. Slaid Cleaves's "Still ...