What does Alan Jackson like on his eggs? Cheese and corn. — Stephen He still likes bologna. — Ken A load of salsa. — Jim Hens. — CMW What message is Tim McGraw saying in Southern Voice? The message is that while most people think the South is full of uneducated rednecks and hillbillies, there […]
Here’s full alphabetized (by first name) list of the interviews conducted by The 9513 in 2009. Amy Dalley Ashley Monroe Barbara Mandrell Big Kenny Billy Ray Cyrus Bryan White Caitlin & Will Charlie Daniels Charlie Louvin Collin Raye Corb Lund Darryl Worley David Lee Murphy David Nail Dolly Parton Eddie Montgomery Eric Church Gene Watson […]
Jeff Bridges received a Golden Globe nomination for his performance in Crazy Heart, which also netted Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett nods for best original song for “The Weary Kind.” Sarah Jarosz recently dropped by the KUT studios to record some old favorites and a few new tunes. Listen to new tune “Come Around” […]
The Country Music Association donated its largest sum ($1,066,632) to Nashville public schools yet through its “Keep the Music Playing” campaign. The Infamous Stringdusters have a new album, Things That Fly, planned for an April release. Danny Balis‘ song “Tethered” came in at No. 24 on DC9 At Night’s list of the best songs in […]
Calling Julianne Hough talented and busy would be making understatements on both accounts. The ACM’s Top New Vocalist of the Year in 2009 is starring in two upcoming feature films, co-authoring the “Goddess Guide For Getting Closer” (sponsored by Venus), and releasing her very own work-out video in December, all while prepping her ever-so-important sophomore […]
Kristofferson Honored As BMI Icon; Live Video Stream of Underwood at Opry; Hough & Wicks Call It Quits
Kris Kristofferson was named a BMI Icon at last night’s BMI Country Awards and Bobby Pinson took home the award for songwriter of the year. Visit The Tennessean for a full list of winners. In light of today’s holiday, revisit The 9513’s playlist “20 Top War and Soldier Songs.” George Strait‘s publicist confirmed that the […]
Is Dave Haywood going solo? Only if he thinks his latest song he’s written, “I’m Leaving The Gravy Train” is going to be a hit. – Ken No, but he will be featured on the upcoming season of Meerkat Manor. — CMW I don’t think so, because he’s a pretty integral part of… um, what […]
Holly Williams is now engaged to Nashville Drummer Chris Coleman. NashvilleGab published a video from TMZ of Tim McGraw kicking the fan out of his recent concert. There’s not much to see unless you’re looking at Tim’s hideous shirt. Caitlin & Will turned in a second version of the video for “Address in the Stars.” […]
WSMV Nashville obtained audio tapes of a conversation John Rich‘s manager, Marc Oswald, had with Jared Ashley in which Oswald tried to get Ashley to drop his lawsuit against Rich. The audio recordings are supposedly a conversation between Oswald and Ashley on May 22. The recordings are edited. Ashley never speaks. “One thing about the […]
Radney Foster‘s new album, Revival, is available for pre-order and the first 1,000 fans to do so will receive a free five-song EP. The new CD will be released on Sept. 1 and includes collaborations with Dierks Bentley and Darius Rucker. Congrats to Lanibug, Stormy and Nicole for picking up a copy of Ray Charles‘ […]
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …
- Paul W Dennis: The Hight article is interesting, although I don't know that I would describe it as fantastic, but then I know …
- Dana M: I'm actually excited to hear a new Reba album. As for the Alan Jackson tour, I hope he announces Canadian …