Sturgill Simpson to Make Opry Debut Friday; Drunk History Tackles Dolly and Porter; Crash My Party Tops Billboard 200
528,000 people bought Luke Bryan’s new album. Or maybe one eccentric billionaire bought half a million copies. Either way, it’s the biggest debut sales week for a male country artist since 2004, when Tim McGraw released Live Like You Were Dying. Bryan on women in mainstream country: It’s disappointing that it’s so tough for a […]
On February 3, 1959, exactly 53 years ago today, a small plane carrying three of America’s biggest music artists went down in bad weather just outside of Clear Lake, Iowa. Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and J. P. “The Big Bopper” Richardson all would perish in what would become known as The Day the Music Died. […]
I “discovered” country music through the early rockabilly of Buddy Holly and his contemporaries, and I retain a strong interest Buddy’s career and the events surrounding his untimely death. There have been several interesting news stories about the infamous “Winter Dance Party” tour in the past several months, but the most significant involves an underappreciated […]
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.