USA Today Premieres Lori McKenna, Jason Ringenberg Tracks; White House to Celebrate Memphis Soul; Scientists Study the Neurochemistry of Music
USA Today premiered a couple songs: Jason Ringenberg’s cover of “Texarkana Baby” from an upcoming Eddy Arnold tribute record due in May, and Lori McKenna’s “Salt,” from Massachusetts (out April 23). Booker T. Jones, Mavis Staples, The Alabama Shakes, and Charlie Musselwhite are a few of the artists participating in the “Memphis Soul” installment of the […]
George Strait’s Next Album Drops May 14; Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum to Celebrate Dottie West; New Music Videos
George Strait’s next album, Love is Everything, will be released May 14. Della Mae’s This World Oft Can Be will be released May 28 on Rounder Records. (via press release) The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is celebrating Dottie West this spring with multiple programs, including a film screening of Dottie West: Special Delivery […]
Dawn Sears Diagnosed with Lung Cancer; Artists Added to George Jones’ Final Nashville Show; First Round of ACM Awards Performers Announced
Guitarist Alvin Lee passed away at the age of 68 due to “unforeseen consequences following a routine surgical procedure.” Please keep Dawn Sears (Time Jumpers), who has been diagnosed with Stage 3B lung cancer, in your thoughts. Sears is “currently undergoing treatment in Nashville, TN and plans to continue performing at the band’s regular Monday […]
- Paul W Dennis: Tom T & Dixie Hall are good people and I wish them all the best through this difficult time
- Paul W Dennis: Actually , it is not. We have so thoroughly debased our language that it is no longer possible to praise …
- Leeann Ward: Sheesh, Paul, that's a random/strange dig!
- Jack Williams: After reading that New Yorker article, I canceled my pre-order of the Basement Tapes box set. I love Bob …
- Leeann Ward: Wow! How terrible for Dixie Hall and Tom.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Another twisted collection of songs to put into the Friday Five Hall of Fame, Juli.
- Arlene: I'd have included "Omie Wise." Doc Watson's is the version I'm familiar with but I think it's been recorded by …
- luckyoldsun: I think the number one country murder ballad is "Frankie and Johnny"--by Jimmie. Also, how about "Delia's Gone" from Harry Belafonte …
- Juli Thanki: Colloquial use of "fantastic" as a synonym for "excellent" dates back to the 1930s. And if it's good enough for …
- Paul W Dennis: I think "Banks of The Ohio", "Miller's Cave" and "It's Nothing to Me" are far creepier than several of the …