Don’t confuse disappointing with worst, as that list would most likely be dominated by obscure indie knockoff bands along with a couple of mainstream releases. There has to be a modicum of expectation that’s dashed upon the release of an album for it to qualify for the year’s most disappointing. Hopefully all of the acts […]
Brad Paisley on the possibility of touring with Keith Urban: “Both of our managers, who are very good, and I think we’ll work this out,” he said. “We’ll do some shows. I don’t know how much, but we’ll do some stuff together for sure.” Josh Gracin‘s unbelievable wife (Ann Marie) gave birth to the couple’s […]
Songwriters: Josh Gracin The fourth single from Josh Gracin’s sophmore album, We Weren’t Crazy, falters in the same way that so many of today’s love songs do. It’s generic and devoid of imagination. Despite initial marketing that touted the album as deep and personal, “Unbelievable (Ann Marie)” is anything but deep or personal. Sure, the […]
A man claiming to be the illegitimate son of the late Eddy Arnold filed a petition last Wednesday to establish paternity. The man, Christopher Edward Tanner, says he will do what is necessary to “make things right,” even if that means exhuming Arnold’s body for DNA testing. Danny Davis, the man who pioneered the use […]
There are three finalists remaining on Fox’s American Idol, and tonight one more goes home. I don’t know David Cook, David Archuleta or Syesha Mercado from Adam, and I have no opinion about which contestant should or will win because my interest in this year’s competition began and ended with Kristy Lee Cook, the Oregon […]
Friday night’s Opry audience got a surprise when Kenny Chesney popped by to support his band member Tim Hensley, who has a new bluegrass album out. And the night before Clint Black made his own surprise appearance at Zanies Comedy Club in Nashville to rehearse for his part on Secret Talents of the Stars. If […]
Three out-of-print Mel Tillis albums have been remastered and are scheduled for release on April 29. Despite having a rough few weeks and speculation about his sexuality, Chace Crawford (whoever that is) is doing fine since his split with Carrie Underwood. Founding member and lead singer of the Hacienda Brothers Chris Gaffney was diagnosed with […]
No Depression plans to enshrine Buddy Miller on the cover of their last issue. John Goodspeed gushes over the new George Strait album and says while Strait can nail a number of styles, “he really hammers western swing,” particularly the duet with Dean Dillon on “West Texas Town.” Robert Earl Keen shares writing credits with […]
When is Toby Keith’s latest CD going to be released? Technically, his latest CD has already been released. All kidding aside, his next CD, Big Dog Daddy, is slated for release on June 12, 2007. – Brady Who sings “I Miss You Daddy”? Songwriter Karen Mason. You can buy a CD or MP3 of the […]
Remember Chris LeDoux’s band, Western Underground? They’re still touring. At first they were going to do kind of a goodbye/tribute tour, but found out that the fans weren’t ready for them to go anywhere yet. Mark Cowling wrote an article about the band in which the members talk about how they got started with LeDoux […]
- Leeann Ward: Um, that's too much geekery for me to follow, Sam! My husband would understand you though.:)
- Jack Williams: Alabama Shakes won the AMA Emerging artist award couple of years ago. Also, classic soul influenced artists like Bettye Lavette, …
- Applejack: It certainly seems to me like the inclusion of St. Paul and the Broken Bones stretches the limits of how …
- Stuart Munro: Yes, that's the issue: is the tent so big as to have no boundaries? What *isn't* Americana? Is jazz? Is …
- Jack Williams: Um, roots music, that is.
- Jack Williams: Well, Americana is a pretty big tent. Classic southern soul falls under my personal definition of root music.
- Stuart Munro: Is it just me...or does the idea of St. Paul and the Broken Bones being an Americana act really strain …
- Sam G.: Loki Is playing Hank Williams in a new movie, and Thor bought the rights to a book about him. I …
- Roger: Fabulous interview and fantastic new music that I will listen to over and over again.
- Applejack: It's not just you, Andrew L. I just listened to the clips on Amazon, and the autotune effect is terrible.