Jim Ed Brown Releases New Single; Miranda Lambert Nominated for O Music Award; Omnivore Recordings to Release Don Rich, Buckaroos Albums
Jewly Hight wrote a must-read feature on Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell. BJ Thomas and Keb’ Mo’ have a new music video for “Most of All.” On July 23, Omnivore Recordings will release Don Rich’s That Fiddlin’ Man and the all-instrumental The Buckaroos Play Buck and Merle, which is a combination of The Buck Owens [...]
Richie Havens, the artist who opened Woodstock, passed away yesterday from a sudden heart attack. He was 72. Here’s the New York Times obituary. Glen Campbell has stopped touring due to the progression of his Alzheimer’s. However, he will release an album this summer. See You There will feature “reimagined versions of hits like ‘Wichita Lineman,’ ‘By [...]
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band to Release Remastered Edition of Will the Circle Be Unbroken; Kacey Musgraves’ Debut Drops 3/19; Mike Auldridge Tribute Announced
The Hank Williams Estate “is making over 200 live performance recordings directly available to movie houses, television production companies, and advertising agencies, where before these rare live recordings had never been accessible for licensing directly from the Estate.” Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s seminal 1972 album, Will the Circle Be Unbroken, was remastered from the original [...]
As Elton John and Bernie Taupin can testify, a strong partnership between a musician and a lyricist can be worth its weight in platinum. So when singer Martha Redbone began to work on material for a new album, she decided to collaborate with one of the best writers to ever put pen to paper: Romantic [...]
Aldean’s Night Train Sells 409K Units in First Week; More Performers Added to CMA Awards; Remembering Minnie Pearl
John McEuen talks about the 40th anniversary of landmark album Will the Circle be Unbroken in a video interview for Folk Alley. Jason Aldean’s Night Train sold over 409,000 copies in its first week. Taylor Swift’s Red is expected to sell a million units this week. Chely Wright remembers Sarah “Minnie Pearl” Cannon on what would [...]
Sam McDonald interviewed Emmylou Harris for the Daily Press. Barry Mazor interviewed Dwight Yoakam about his new record, 3 Pears, for the Wall Street Journal. Peter Cooper also spoke with Yoakam for a Tennessean feature. The Wall Street Journal also featured an article on the Americana compilation Lowe Country: The Songs of Nick Lowe, which [...]
It’s been five years since the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band released an album. Though they haven’t exactly been resting on their laurels, this interval between records isn’t too surprising: After all, once a band’s been together for 45 years, don’t you think they’d get a little bored with it all? Listening to Speed of Life, [...]
- Rick: Why Leeann, I'm all for "charity" when I am the recipient! (lol)
- Rick: I'm glad to see Miss Leslie was able to raise enough funds to record a new album. I can't wait ...
- J.R. Journey: Congratulations to Trisha Yearwood and Little Big Town. They join Hank Williams Jr. in the country-stars-with-Emmy-awards category.
- Juli Thanki: They're no Tracy Jordan.
- Luckyoldsun: Here he is with Mr. Johnny Carson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5QC9ZJkM8
- Blake Boldt: Trisha and LBT for the EGOT.
- Barry Mazor: I thought Luckyol was kidding--and he may have been. The Ames Bros charted dozens of times, and Ed Ames ...
- bob: Before going solo, Ed Ames was a member of the Ames Brothers. The brothers had some hits in the 50's ...
- Luckyoldsun: "My parents’ record collection consisted of Ed Ames, Perry Como..." Ed Ames made records? I did not know that. I thought ...
- Leeann Ward: Old Town, where Griffin is from, is just a few minutes away from me.