When you’re in the middle of a lively, exciting music scene, it tends to seem natural, inevitable, and bound to last. And then time happens. The scene and the music it thrived around evolve or fade away; what was exciting about them, how they seemed to matter, and, eventually, what they even were become points […]
Naomi Judd Calls Out CMT Awards; Americana Fest Announces Performers; Newport Folk Festival Goes Way Over Yonder
Salon.com posted an excerpt from Michael Streissguth’s new book, Outlaw. Chris Stapleton: superhero? Adam Steffey’s New Primitive comes out next week. Our friend Kelly Dearmore wrote a lengthy feature on Zane Williams for the Dallas Observer. Country California posted a new Quotable Country. Stream Sturgill Simpson’s “Hero” on CMT Edge. In a letter to the editor posted on […]
Triple-digit temperatures have given way to crisp autumn mornings, the kids are back in school, and pumpkin-flavored baked goods are making their delicious return to coffee shops nationwide, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still celebrate some of the summer’s best music. Here are six albums that were in heavy rotation at Engine 145 headquarters […]
Ricky Skaggs to Be Inducted into Gospel Music HoF; Dierks Bentley Will Play Sept. CMA Songwriters Series; Miss Leslie Lauches Kickstarter
Randy Travis’ misadventures allegedly began earlier in the evening when he entered a convenience store “butt naked and demanding cigarettes.” Farce the Music collected a bunch of Randy Travis parody song titles. Brian T. Atkinson of the Austin American-Statesman interviewed Vince Gill. Here’s an excerpt in which Gill discusses whether he’s mastered the guitar: There’s always […]
Dierks Bentley to Perform at Teachers Rock Benefit Concert; Old 97’s Celebrate Too Far to Care; Chet Flippo Talks Concept Albums
A special edition of CMT Radio Live with Cody Alan will air on over 100 stations tonight: “Kix Brooks, Sara Evans, Gloriana, Toby Keith, Reba McEntire and John Rich are among the country artists who will call in and express their thoughts for the victims. The program will also encourage listeners to donate to the […]
- luckyoldsun: If they're only allowed one modern inductee per year in the H-o-F, then there's a backlog developing. You have Skaggs, …
- Leeann Ward: I'm not an ETC fan, but I do love "Brotherly Love" with Keith Whitley.
- luckyoldsun: It's got to be "What I'd Say." (I think that's the title.) There was some question, I believe, over whether …
- Paul W Dennis: probably "Nobody Falls Like A Fool" or "Silent Treatment"
- Lynchie from Aberdeen: Where in heck's name is "That Was A Close One"?!?!? It's the guy's best song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrR_2rXiKA0
- Cody: Love seeing ETC getting some credit! My five, in no particular order at first; Crowd Around the Corner Home So Fine I Have …
- Juli Thanki: I think it's technically a Keith Whitley song, but I've always been fond of his duet with ETC, "Brotherly Love."
- luckyoldsun: Lots of very good artists have not had anywhere near the radio play and hits that Lee Ann Womack has …
- Hard Times: Just read Jewly Hight's feature on Womack. I couldn't believe Womack has had only a half dozen or so Top …
- Barry Mazor: Leeann, Im not surprised about your sister's response--or that, for many, Garth Brooks now equals the ancient days of country …