In what was promoted as his final live concert, George Strait set a record for the largest crowd for an indoor concert in North American history at AT&T Stadium in Dallas on Saturday night. More than 104,000 people were in attendance. Lionel Richie is plotting a sequel to his country duets album, Tuskegee. Check out the […]
Jerry Sullivan of The Sullivan Family passed away on Saturday. John Lawless of Bluegrass Today posted an obituary. Rolling Stone Country has launched. Gus Wenner wrote what to expect in an Editor’s Note that you can read here. John Mellencamp has signed a “lifetime” recording contract with Republic Records and he will release his 22nd full-length album this […]
Little Big Town announced the CMT Music Award nominations on NBC’s Today this morning. Carrie Underwood leads the pack with five nominations. Check out all the nominees here. Bobby Osborne and the Rocky Top X-Press have released a brand new single called “I’m Going Back to the Mountain.” On Saturday night, Keith Urban was formally […]
A previously unreleased John Denver song has been made into a new music video. For just half a million dollars, you can live in Roy Acuff’s house. Holly Williams has been in the studio writing and recording her upcoming third album. Bluegrass artists Donna Ulisse & The Poor Mountain Boys nearly rolled their truck en […]
When John Berry burst onto the national scene in 1992, he already had a huge following in his native Georgia–even selling 10,000 copies of an indie album. His appeal wasn’t the same as some of the other neo-traditionalist, hat-wearing country singers but more on the “gentler” side of country music. Now back in his home […]
I’m not the type of person who travels 2700 miles for a concert. The best part about living in DC is that nearly all genres of music can be found just a short walk or Metro ride away. But on Monday, I found myself flying cross-country to Sacramento for the third annual Golf & Guitars […]
Kiss my grits; it’s a playlist about waitresses. From hash-slinging to, well, hash-slinging, these women have seen and done it all. Don’t boss ‘em, don’t cross ‘em, and for Pete’s sake, tip nicely. 5. “The Night’s Too Long” – Lucinda Williams/”The Road Goes on Forever” – Robert Earl Keen Two waitresses escape their humdrum existence […]
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.
- lindsay thomas: Wife and I saw these guys last Thursday night, (7-24-14) at the Ryman in Nashville. What a show. …
- Donald: I'm guessing that is meant to read 're-release' Detroit to Wheeling, as the double album originally appeared on Pinecastle in …
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.