Paul Thorn’s next album, Too Blessed to be Stressed, is due out August 19. Here’s the new video for his song “Everybody Needs Somebody.” In an interview for CelebStoner.com (yeah, you probably shouldn’t click that if you’re at work), Willie Nelson revealed that he and Kacey Musgraves are “going to do some recording together.” Nelson’s […]
Willie Nelson Cancels Shows Due to Shoulder Injury; Rounder Records Plans Nashville Move; Little Big Town Plays Leno
The Opry is getting ready to celebrate its 88th birthday. Little Big Town will perform their new single, “Sober,” on Leno tonight. (via press release) If you weren’t at Golf & Guitars last May, check out this video recap, which features Joe Nichols, Joey Martin Feek, and a few other performers who attended the charity […]
Songwriters: Rory Lee Feek, Tim Johnson, Joey Martin Feek “We are 100% ourselves here,” says Rory Feek – one half of the husband/wife country music duo Joey + Rory – about their sophomore project on Sugar Hill Records, Album Number Two. So far, first single “This Song’s For You” fell short of communicating this Tennessee […]
Maintaining passion–and a perspective–for what you believe to be important in life seems to be a common theme for the husband and wife duo, Joey + Rory. Certainly the dynamics of a marriage create the boundaries for a passionate and loving relationship–and certainly that is the foundation from which the music is born. But in […]
Justin Townes Earle Arrested; Matthew McConaughey to Direct Jamey Johnson Video; Video Tribute to Bob Wills
Justin Townes Earle took a little detour after last week’s show in Indianapolis: (via Saving Country Music) [...] there was a misunderstanding at the venue wherein the proprietor decided to dock the band some of their money, and when Earle went to discuss the matter with him, he didn’t take it too kindly. A fracas […]
Joey Martin and Rory Lee Feek are nothing if not straightforward. Their upcoming sophomore album is titled Album Number 2, and their leadoff single–which is available as a free download on their website–is called “This Song’s for You.” Who’s the “you” that Joey + Rory (joined on the bridge by tour mate Zac Brown, who […]
Record Store Day is this Saturday. It’s a little bit like Christmas for music geeks, as dozens of participating musicians are releasing exclusive records—and a CD or two as well—just for that day. (You can check out what’s going on at your local vinyl purveyor here: http://www.recordstoreday.com) Since most barroom jukeboxes no longer play 45s, […]
Gene Watson, Randy Travis, Pam Tillis, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard and Ray Price have all long been cast aside by country radio, but each of these incredible artists continued to produce great country music into the first decade of the 21st century…and each earned a place approaching the upper reaches of our countdown. Mixed in […]
Merle Haggard canceled the remaining five dates of his current tour because of head and neck pain. Groover’s Paradise recommended “Foggy Mountain Top” from Carlene Carter and provided audio for her version and The Carter Family version for comparison. In a case of the rich getting richer, Los Angeles’ honky-tonk king Mike Stinson left California […]
Songwriters: Rory Feek, Joey Martin, Jamie Teachenor Joey + Rory take a different tack for the third single from their 2008 debut, The Life of a Song. Instead of another catchy, upbeat number like “Cheater Cheater” or “Play the Song”—neither of which really stormed the charts—the husband-and-wife duo have released a downtempo ballad, “To Say […]
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …
- Donald: "Don't Forget the Coffee, Billy Joe" is just one of my many favourites!