Tequila’s been around since at least the 1600s and has been memorialized in song by everyone from Western Swing’s Cliff Bruner to The Champs to Jimmy Buffett to Joe Nichols. Here are 15 other tunes celebrating the beverage. 15. Lorrie Morgan & Sammy Kershaw – “He Drinks Tequila” This Shawn Camp/Michele McCord song from Morgan […]
Merle Haggard marked a birthday Sunday, his 77th. He celebrated the occasion with an appearance on CBS’s Academy of Country Music awards show, where George Strait and Miranda Lambert performed a medley of his hits and where Haggard was presented with something called the Crystal Milestone Award by Garth Brooks, one of its former honorees. […]
Steven Fromholz, a Texas Poet Laureate whose songs were recorded by Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, Jerry Jeff Walker, and others, died in a hunting accident on Sunday. He was 68. Cumberland River has broken up. Bandleader Jamie Dean plans to release a solo album in the future. (via press release) Stream Laura Cantrell’s new album, […]
Ricky Skaggs Named CMHOF Artist-in-Residence; Alabama Music Hall of Fame Schedules Reopening; New Album Releases
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum named Ricky Skaggs as its 2013 artist-in-residence. From the press release: Skaggs has chosen to perform two unique shows-each with its own theme and lineup of guest artists. The first show, November 18, will have a country music theme; Ricky’s special guests that night will include Emmylou […]
Willie Nelson Cancels Shows Due to Shoulder Injury; Rounder Records Plans Nashville Move; Little Big Town Plays Leno
The Opry is getting ready to celebrate its 88th birthday. Little Big Town will perform their new single, “Sober,” on Leno tonight. (via press release) If you weren’t at Golf & Guitars last May, check out this video recap, which features Joe Nichols, Joey Martin Feek, and a few other performers who attended the charity […]
Randy Travis Releases George Jones Tribute Song; Julie Roberts Signs with Sun Records; New Music Videos
Julie Roberts announced that she has been signed to Sun Records, making her the first artist to release a new album for the label in almost three decades. The album will be called Good Wine and Bad Decisions and will be released this fall. Randy Travis released a new song dedicated to George Jones. Listen to “Tonight […]
Engine 145 is proud to partner once more with Golf & Guitars, an annual golf tournament/concert event at Haggin Oaks Golf Complex in Sacramento, California that raises money for worthy charitable organizations. This year’s proceeds will go to Jenna & Patrick’s Foundation of Hope, a nonprofit dedicated to fighting Cystinosis, a rare metabolic disease that […]
Richie Havens, the artist who opened Woodstock, passed away yesterday from a sudden heart attack. He was 72. Here’s the New York Times obituary. Glen Campbell has stopped touring due to the progression of his Alzheimer’s. However, he will release an album this summer. See You There will feature “reimagined versions of hits like ‘Wichita Lineman,’ ‘By […]
Engine 145 is proud to be the official online music blog partner of Golf and Guitars VI, a fantastic two-day concert series, golf tournament, and silent auction that will be held May 20-21 at the Haggin Oaks Golf Complex in Sacramento, California. Golf & Guitars raises funds for two worthy causes: Jenna & Patrick’s Foundation […]
Songwriters: Carson Chamberlain, Ashley Gorley and Wade Kirby Despite being self-titled, Easton Corbin’s 2008 debut album drew many comparisons to established country names with similarly deep voices and tight, clever songs wrapped in steel guitar. And while sounding like George Strait or Joe Nichols doesn’t hurt the buzz around a new artist, it certainly sets the […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …