Lullabies have been sung in many languages and music genres going all the way back to 1072, when they were first mentioned by a Turkish writer. And while most people immediately think of a loving and mellow tune sung to bring comfort and sleep to countless babies, country artists haven’t always been so light-hearted in […]
Don Williams Misses Hall of Fame Induction; Opry Titles Newest Song “Blake Shelton”; And Taylor Swift News
Jimmy Dean and Don Williams were inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame last night. Unfortunately, neither inductee was present at the ceremony: Dean passed away earlier this year and Williams was suffering with bronchitis, but is expected to resume his tour on Tuesday. Peter Cooper has a recap. A new TV show based […]
Miranda Lambert Sets CMA Awards Record; ‘CMA Music Festival’ Airs Tonight; Joey+Rory To Tour with Don Williams
Even if Miranda Lambert doesn’t win anything at the upcoming CMA Awards (highly unlikely), it’ll still be quite a year. She scored several more nominations today in the following categories: entertainer of the year, female vocalist of the year, album of the year for Revolution, and she has a part in the musical event of […]
Gwyneth Paltrow to Release Country Single; Josh Turner Expecting Child No. 3; Carrie Underwood’s 13 No. 1s
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow plans to release a new single titled “Country Strong” to radio come late August. The single, featuring background vocals from Vince Gill and Patty Griffin, is being released in conjunction with her new movie of the same name in which she plays a washed-up country singer. The film itself, starring Tim McGraw […]
Radney Foster took the stage at a concert in Sacramento this past May and had a crowd watching. Normally, this wouldn’t be news. Foster has been touring small clubs and venues much of his career, entertaining crowds of hundreds- if not thousands- along the way. This one was different, however. Foster was one of sixteen […]
How do I say goodbye Country Music? Turn on the radio–it will help expedite the process. — Karlie Put on a Rascal Flatts album. — Sam What is “Undo It” about? “Uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh… don’t know…” — Ken It’s not widely known, but “Undo It” is actually Carrie’s tribute to […]
With just one Top 20 hit to her country career, Jewel is in need of a song that provides that little boost, that spark, to get her solidly entrenched in radio playlists. The lead track on Sweet & Wild, “No Good in Goodbye,” could be that song. Kicking off with drums and guitars with banjo […]
Using data from radio airplay and album sales, Billboard ranked the top 25 country artists of the past 25 years. New releases for the week of June 8, 2010 include: Cadillac Sky – Letters in the Deep Amazon | iTunes | MySpace Clay Walker – She Won’t Be Lonely Long Amazon | iTunes | MySpace […]
Shania Twain signed up for her own TV series, Why Not? With Shania Twain, which will run on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network. The video for Miranda Lambert‘s “The House That Built Me” is now available to the non-paying public. Clay Walker and Jewel both have new albums due out on June 8. Country California […]
It’s been over a year since Jewel’s released a country single (the unsuccessful “Till It Feels Like Cheating,” which only stayed on the charts for a week), but now she’s returned with a cut on the soundtrack to Valentine’s Day, an upcoming romantic comedy with perhaps the largest ensemble cast since Robert Altman’s Nashville; it […]
- Michael A.: Has anyone else had a difficult time trying to get the free download from the Reba site?
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.