The Academy of Country Music Awards were held last night. Here are some of the winners (you can find a detailed list of nominees and winners here): Video of the Year: Little Big Town – “Tornado” Vocal Event of the Year: Jason Aldean with Luke Bryan and Eric Church – “The Only Way I Know” [...]
Gordon Stoker of The Jordanaires passed away yesterday at the age of 88. From MusicRow.com: The Jordanaires’ harmonies can be heard on some of the most famous recordings from the 1960s and early ‘70s, particularly the Elvis Presley classics “Don’t Be Cruel,” “Are You Lonesome Tonight,” and “It’s Now or Never.” Stoker had worked with [...]
CMT Names Artists of the Year; Keith Urban Receives Nashville Symphony Harmony Award; New Music Videos
Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, Eric Church, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood were named as 2012 CMT Artists of the Year. Rolling Stone announced their top country albums of 2012 and Kellie Pickler was at the top of the list: “American Idol also-ran Pickler is an unlikely trad-country heroine. But 100 Proof may [...]
Last week’s CMA Music Fest sold out for the third consecutive year. That includes the scores of people treated for heatstroke. The fantastic, four-part BBC country music documentary Lost Highway is now available on YouTube. Here’s Part I. Jewel unveiled her transformation into June Carter Cash for an upcoming Lifetime biopic. Late last night, there [...]
Doc Watson’s family was called to his bedside over the weekend. He did rally a bit, but is still in critical condition. CMT.com posted a two-part Carrie Underwood interview. George Jones was released from the hospital this weekend. Angaleena Presley got married. So did Cia Cherryholmes and Stetson Adkisson. They’re also working on a single [...]
Dirt Drifters Cancel All Upcoming Appearances; Chatham County Line Plans Live Album Release; Jewel to Play June Carter Cash in Lifetime Movie
The Ryman’s chief audio engineer, Les Banks, talks about the room’s sound with Mix Magazine: “There are so many reflective surfaces, and the biggest challenge is the absolutely phenomenal difference between the empty Ryman at soundcheck and a full house that night. It’s night-and-day different; to this day I get freaked out by how loud [...]
New Whitney Duncan Album In Works; Miley Cyrus Has Death Threats and Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver Announce Gospel Album
Whitney Duncan, fresh off her Survivor experience, has taken to Kickstarter to help raise funds for a new album called Where The Back Roads Run. “This is so fun for me, because I can make the record I want to make! I really hope ya’ll are as excited about this project as I am…it was [...]
At least five people were killed and over 40 were injured—some critically—when the entire concert rigging blew over in a storm during the Sugarland concert at the Indiana State Fair on Saturday night. Sara Bareilles had just finished her opening number and Sugarland had yet to take the stage. Witnesses tell of a wall of [...]
It’s been over a year since Jewel’s released a country single (the unsuccessful “Till It Feels Like Cheating,” which only stayed on the charts for a week), but now she’s returned with a cut on the soundtrack to Valentine’s Day, an upcoming romantic comedy with perhaps the largest ensemble cast since Robert Altman’s Nashville; it [...]
- SCOOTER: Sturgill Simpson - fantastic artist Ashton Shepherd - I know she was recently dropped and a lot of people complain ...
- Daniel Mullins: Lee Ann Womack is a must. I would also sign Wyatt McCubbin. He was featured on The Music Inside: A Tribute ...
- Ken Morton, Jr.: BTW- Julie's been in the recording studio all this past week and will be unveiling something new soon.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Jonathan, I actually had this exact conversation with Julie Roberts a couple weeks ago. She came out with Emily West, ...
- Jack Williams: The first name that came to my mind was electic bluesman Alvin Youngblood Hart. He hasn't released a proper ...
- bob: There was a survey by cmt.com dated 3/31/10 which showed more than 175 country act signed to major labels. I ...
- Jonathan Pappalardo: I would sign: 1) Trisha Yearwood - I don't believe she's affiliated with Big Machine Records anymore and a new CD ...
- Juli Thanki: Oh, good thinking with Hellbound Glory, Mike. Their music matured so much between Old Highs & New Lows and Damaged ...
- Mike Wimmer: 1. Jamey Johnson-I know he is technically with a label already, but they are in dispute over how he feels ...
- Juli Thanki: The first name that came to my mind was Lee Ann Womack. I'm dying to hear new music from her.