Eddie Montgomery broke the news that he’s getting a divorce via Twitter this morning. The comments have since been deleted, but not before Country Music Is Love was able to report the news. “U find out u got cancer then u found out ur wife can’t handle that so she seek of and files for […]
Rachel Proctor was born in West Virginia almost quite literally into music. She began singing in front of crowds at the ripe old age of six and traveled all over the country to participate in talent competitions–culminating in her starring on the American Idol of 1989, the hit TV show Star Search. At 18, Proctor […]
Texas Music Matters posted a recording of Courtyard Hounds performing the song “Then Again” during one of its SXSW gigs. Speaking of Courtyard Hounds, Jim Caligiuri caught the sisters’ set at Antone’s during SXSW and concluded, “while the musicianship was superb, the subject matter seemed in dire need of kick that never appeared.” Texas Music […]
Taylor Swift Hosts ‘SNL'; Dolly Parton & Jessica Simpson Have Big Breasts; Kristofferson Receives Inaugural Stephen Bruton Award
Watch the promo for this week’s Saturday Night Live, hosted by Taylor Swift. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox reviewed the new album from Derek Hoke, Goodbye Rock N Roll, and maintained that Hoke has released one of the finest country debuts of 2009. (MySpace) His gentle, unpretentious brand of throwback country often seems just a hiccup […]
Nominees for the first round of the 2009 CMT Music Awards have been announced. Voting is underway and will last until May 11. George Strait‘s 58-year-old brother, John “Buddy” Strait, Jr., was found dead in a hotel room on Friday. Billy Bob Thorton‘s band The Boxmasters canceled the last two dates of its Canadian tour […]
With an average of 14.8 million viewers, the ACM Awards saw a 78 percent increase over last year. The audio and video recordings of Trace Adkins performing “Till the Last Shot’s Fired” live at the ACM Awards are available for download on iTunes. (via My Kind of Country) RJ Eskow commented on the new John […]
Who sings “That’s what brothers are for?” Nashville-via-Canada Broken Bow recording artist Dean Brody, but only after one too many Moosehead Lagers. – CM Who plays guitar for Chuck Wicks? A player who, having chosen consistent employment over artistic satisfaction, consoles himself nightly with the fact that at least he’s not One Night Rodeo’s guitar […]
Faith Hill lip-synched her performance of “America the Beautiful” at the Super Bowl on Sunday, but if you want to blame somebody, blame Garth Brooks. According to “The Making of the Super Bowl: The Inside Story of the World’s Greatest Sporting Event” by former league executive director Don Weiss, the NFL has required performers to […]
Though gossip mongers and tabloids of late have been focusing on Jessica Simpson’s alleged weight gain, there is another, more important issue which needs to be brought into the public eye, and that’s the sheer lameness of her latest single, “Pray Out Loud.” First things first, it seems that Simpson—who began her musical career as […]
Don’t confuse disappointing with worst, as that list would most likely be dominated by obscure indie knockoff bands along with a couple of mainstream releases. There has to be a modicum of expectation that’s dashed upon the release of an album for it to qualify for the year’s most disappointing. Hopefully all of the acts […]
- Paul W Dennis: I had assumed that Herndon was gay after the incident that Lucky Old Sun referenced, but bought the next Herndon …
- Jonathan Pappalardo: For anyone who wants to buy it, the Rosanne Cash 45 is available again. With 1000 copies being created, I …
- luckyoldsun: It seemed that the old morals arrest incident really did Herndon in. He was a pretty big country star before …
- CraigR.: Hopefully in the future being gay or straight won't matter at all. And then people won't have to hide their …
- Bruce: Jim has a remarkable voice for his age. Heck, for any age.
- bob: Good luck to Herndon and Gilman. I've seen Herndon in concert. While I liked his 90's material better, he's still …
- Leeann Ward: It was Brad Paisley and its on his Christmas album.
- luckyoldsun: I seem to recall hearing a recording of the Christmas song "Walking in the Winter Wonderland" where the line "In …
- Leeann Ward: For a slow new Christmas music year, the announcement of the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP and the Christmas tracks by …
- chris: That voice singing with Jim Ed is younger sister Bonnie, also a member of the Browns.