Songwriters: Brett Eldredge and Jeremy Spillman Trace Adkins’ first single from his new album Love Will… poses an interesting question: if the world were ending, how would you spend those final hours? A nice change, for sure, from the usual “if there was a fire, what would you save?” conversation starter, and from country radio’s […]
The finest male voice on country radio is back with his first record in over two years. His last release, Everything is Fine went gold and saw him expanding his boundaries, experimenting with R&B and Celtic music. So Josh Turner had a lot to live up to on his fourth album. Haywire starts off strong […]
Songwriters: Eric Church, Deric Ruttan and Jeremy Spillman. Once you get through the tongue-twisting opening lines of Eric Church’s latest single “Hell On The Heart,” the rest of the song can be boiled down to a string of romantic clichés pulled straight from its lyrics. You see, there’s this girl who is “as pretty as […]
- Barry Mazor: I'll have to see if Dr. Green's ever read 3 Lives; it's a good book.
- Juli Thanki: Rose is a rose is a rose is a yellow rose of Texas. I smell a terrible concept album!
- Barry Mazor: Pigeons on the grass, alas.. Come-a kai-yai yippy, yippy ay.
- Ken Morton, Jr.: Barry, thanks for the great sentimental look at Winchester. I will admit that he is an artist that was largely …
- Arlene: Thanks for this article, Barry. It's not often that an artist brings another performer to tears during a guitar pull. …
- Leeann: At any rate, I'll still look forward to his next album, because I'm a fan of his music.
- Leeann: Yes, if he had said that, I'd be with him, but e lumped all of country music, including the Grand …
- mrsandy: My understanding is Emmylou's concert was cancelled was because her 92-y.o. mother passed away.
- Erik North: I would have to say that, even though I agree that JTE does generalize about country music excessively, I also …
- Leeann: I think he generalized way too much, too black and white. He reminded me too much of Ryan Adams, who …