This Friday Five is dedicated in honor of our very own editor and the offices of Engine 145 this week. As was mentioned in this Wednesday’s news round-up, a technical difficulty due to a non-cooperating computer has kept us from having some of our regular content the last few days. It’s our hope that next […]
In 1933, the year Willie Nelson was born, “Hesitation Blues” had already been on record for nearly 20 years: The earliest version I can find, listed in the Encyclopedic Discography of Victor Recordings, was by the Victor Military Band in 1916. In the intervening decades, it’s been recorded by everyone from Jelly Roll Morton to […]
- Jack: The Everly Brothers "Song Our Daddy Taught Us" and "Roots" LPs look good.
- Juli Thanki: Indeed, Richie. Leslie Knope is my spirit animal.
- Six String Richie: That Parks & Rec. clip was perfection! Everybody reading this blog should watch it even if they don't watch the …
- Ben Foster: I'm coveting Dolly Parton's "Blue Smoke" 45.
- Barry Mazor: Speculation is free!
- Jack: Taste of Country has a pretty shallow point of view, and this little blurb is exhibit A.
- Leeann Ward: It is admittedly fun to speculate about these things.
- luckyoldsun: I wonder if the key to learning Gong Kwon Yu Sul is to be higher than a kite. lol
- luckyoldsun: Barry, I didn't say or imply that I have superior knowledge about the nominating process or workings--I'm just willing to make …
- CraigR.: After watching Easton Corbin's video I am left wondering where the man who made " I'm A Little Bit More …