There were a lot of disappointed and angry country music fans in Northern California yesterday when the three-day Jukebox Music Festival was abruptly shut down by the promoter on the final day. From Alan Jackson’s Facebook page: Following early morning e-mails from the promoter of the Jukebox Music Festival, Alan Jackson will not be performing […]
RaeLynn, the only country artist among the final 12 of last season’s The Voice, has signed a record deal with Republic Nashville. Former Dreamworks singer-songwriter Sarah Buxton has started a new band called Skyline Motel with Daniel Tashian, Kate York, and Ian Fitchuk. Kellie Pickler sat down with Entertainment Weekly and talked about her recent […]
As the daughter of a successful performing artist who regularly opened for the Commodores in Las Vegas and beyond, Mila Mason was born immersed in music, however, she was passionate about the songwriting part of the music business. In her late teens, her mother would pick up the family and move to Nashville in order […]
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."