Siblings may not always get along, but they sure can harmonize, and when they’ve gotten together to sing, the results have often been magical. Country music has had its fair share of sibling acts–The Carter Family, The Louvins, and The Everly Brothers, to name a few–and the newest addition is The Secret Sisters. Laura and […]
Winners at last night’s Americana Honors & Awards show were: Album of the Year: The List – Rosanne Cash Artist of the Year: Ryan Bingham Duo/Group of the Year: The Avett Brothers Instrumentalist of the Year: Buddy Miller New & Emerging Artist: Hayes Carll Song of the Year: “The Weary Kind (Theme From Crazy Heart)” […]
Wynonna and Naomi Judd are reuniting for a 2010 tour. Country Haiku takes the literal approach to a country classic: I have to wonder Who is gonna fill their shoes They’re like size 14 On April 20, Jason Boland will release his first album since undergoing throat surgery. The live album, titled High In The […]
The penultimate installment of our countdown may be dominated by legends like Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, The Louvin Brothers, Loretta Lynn and Johny Cash, but it’s a husband and wife duo from down under who come up at the top of this segment, just one notch shy of the Top 10. 20. You Don’t Know […]
Jack White is scheduled to produce a forthcoming album for Wanda Jackson. Trace Adkins is the new celebrity spokesperson for BC Headache Powder. The only other country artist the company has worked with in its 100-year history is Faron Young. The title track to Jerry Lee Lewis‘ recent EP release, Mean Old Man, was written […]
Ashley Monroe has had an unlikely career so far. Signed to Sony as a teenager, she released two strong singles that went nowhere. Her debut album, Satisfied, was shelved, and she was eventually released from her contract. That spells doom for most artists, but Monroe has flourished since then: collaborating with Trent Dabbs and Brendan […]
Over the course of country music’s recorded history, there are only a handful of defining vocal moments that have permanently etched themselves onto the genre’s landscape. Few of these etchings are deeper than the one made by Oak Ridge Boys bass singer Richard Sterban, whose “ba-oom papa oom papa mow mow,” on “Elvira” (the best-selling […]
Country singers can cover rock songs with great success, like when Johnny Cash did Nick Cave’s “The Mercy Seat,” or when Dolly Parton gave “Stairway to Heaven” the bluegrass treatment. This is not one of those times. The Oak Ridge Boys’ version of White Stripes song “Seven Nation Army” (from upcoming release The Boys are […]
- Denise Vernon: Full moon with smell of leaves burning.
- Lisa Phillips: Love the Radio Ramblers! My favorite thing about fall is everything pumpkin.....coffee, cookies, muffins, pie.....etc!
- Sabrina Parnell: Def the cooler temps, football, great food , holidays on the way ,and of course more good country music releases.
- Debbie W: the changing colors of the leaves
- joyce King: I love FALL, the day your album Sept.25th is our wedding anniversary 46th!!! We have a fall Bean Supper, …
- Jim Sibley: I like everything about fall! MLB playoffs, football, end of hot, sticky nights, etc, etc. :-)
- Ron Mullins: Cool nights, smell of autumn and colors, and nice feeling in your heart.
- mike mills: Cool night and hunting
- Paul W Dennis: MLB playoffs and the weather here in Florida finally cooling off a little. Also we get the Palatka Bluegrass Festival …
- Tony Branscomb: Peaceful Quiet Days In The Woods Watching Wildlife Playing.