Frank Page, John Wilkinson Pass Away; Skynyrd, Paisley to Take Part in Inaugural Festivities; New Music Videos
Willie Nelson’s next album, Let’s Face the Music and Dance, will be released March 5. The press release states that the album’s songs “include American standards and country classics, Irving Berlin and Carl Perkins, Django Reinhardt as well as Willie-penned originals.” Peter Cooper wrote a feature on the tragic tale of Glen Sherley, the Folsom inmate who wrote “Greystone Chapel.” […]
Kellie Pickler Embarks on Sixth USO Tour; Ray Price, Willie Nelson Work on New Albums; Carrie Underwood Donates Concert Proceeds to Charity
Kellie Pickler embarked on her sixth USO Tour, entertaining service members in Afghanistan and aboard the USS John C. Stennis. Songs by Jerry Lee Lewis, Tom T. Hall, and Alejandro Escovedo made The A.V. Club’s list of “14 panicky works about growing older.” Vince Gill shows off his guitars in this video for Musician’s Friend. […]
Despite the endlessly repeated backstory, Rosanne Cash’s new album has little to do with her father and his influence on her tastes and career, at least not beyond suggesting the tracklist. Rather, The List plays like a tribute to the durability of country songwriting and its impact over the decades. Despite the genre’s lowly reputation […]
- andythedrifter: "It Sure Can Get Cold In Des Moines"
- Donald: LOS, I need to second your mention of Ballad of Forty Dollars.
- Paul W Dennis: Best wishes for Jim Ed Brown - there's very few left from his generation of country singers John Morthland's article on …
- Paul W Dennis: That looks like Harold Morrison playing the dobro behind Jeannie C Riley on "Harper Valley PTA"
- luckyoldsun: Got to go with "The Ballad of Forty Dollars." Funny, if you saw the title and started listening to that song …
- Randy Prewitt: I would have to say my favorite Tom T.Hall song is "The Day Clayton Delaney Died.He has so many great …
- KathyP: "Faster Horses." Which reminds me I need to add it to my digital library.
- Leeann Ward: "Me and Jesus" and "Harper Valley PTA" are my favorites, I think. But I agree with Paul that it's not …
- Chad: "I Love" of course!
- nm: I enjoyed that Nashville recap from the Fug Girls, but the absolutely best recaps are in the Nashville Scene, by …