Ray Price has left the hospital for home hospice care. His statement to his fans: “I love my fans and have devoted my life to reaching out to them. I appreciate their support all these years and I hope I haven’t let them down. I am at peace. I love Jesus. I’m going to be […]
Ralph Stanley Announces Farewell Tour; Birthplace of Country Music Museum Names Director; Free Ashleigh Flynn Download
Ralph Stanley has announced that he’ll begin his final tour this October. The “Man of Constant Sorrow Tour: The Doctor’s Farewell” is scheduled to run through December 2014. (via press release) Jewly Hight visited Nashville’s Woodlawn Cemetery, where George Jones, Boudleaux and Felice Bryant, Tammy Wynette, Marty Robbins, Porter Wagoner, and many, many more are […]
Charlie Daniels Recovering From Pacemaker Surgery; The Band Perry Premieres New Song; Can Blues Music Save the Mississippi Delta?
Charlie Daniels is recovering after being diagnosed with a mild case of pneumonia and also undergoing surgery to implant a pacemaker. He’s canceled Sunday’s show and rescheduled a couple more. Willie Nelson: “I’d never marry a guy I didn’t like.” Thanks to NM for pointing us toward David Cantwell’s appreciation of the late Jack Greene. […]
Museum of Broadcast Communications to Celebrate National Barn Dance; Ron Davies Tribute Record Due in March; Album Releases
Garth Brooks, Shelby Lynne, and The Oak Ridge Boys have been added to the list of artists who will appear George Jones’ final Nashville concert. On March 23, the Museum of Broadcast Communications will “celebrate the 89th anniversary of The National Barn Dance radio show in the actual historic WLS studio…The special event will feature […]
Randy Travis pleaded guilty to DWI; he received “two years of probation, a $2,000 fine and a 180-day suspended jail sentence. If he doesn’t successfully complete the probation, he will face the jail time. He was ordered to spend at least 30 days at an alcohol treatment facility, complete 100 hours of community service and […]
Ricky Skaggs to Be Inducted into Gospel Music HoF; Dierks Bentley Will Play Sept. CMA Songwriters Series; Miss Leslie Lauches Kickstarter
Randy Travis’ misadventures allegedly began earlier in the evening when he entered a convenience store “butt naked and demanding cigarettes.” Farce the Music collected a bunch of Randy Travis parody song titles. Brian T. Atkinson of the Austin American-Statesman interviewed Vince Gill. Here’s an excerpt in which Gill discusses whether he’s mastered the guitar: There’s always […]
- bob: Enjoyed the Himes article on classic baseball songs. Thanks. Himes also mentioned some books. To those he noted I would …
- luckyoldsun: Well it probably wasn't Larry Gatlin.
- A.B.: Anyone else think Marty Stuart might be part of Lakehouse Holdings that bought the Johnny Cash/Barry Gibb property?
- David Cantwell: Thanks, Andrew. It almost seems inevitable that the greatest singers--Sinatra and George Jones, say--just don't sing so well at the …
- Andrew: Very well put. I don't remember the last time an album gave me chills right from the opening note quite …
- TX Music Jim: All valid choices. I will forever hold out the hope that Gram Parsons, Jerry Jeff Walker and Gary Stewart will …
- Leeann Ward: Oops...the link: http://www.engine145.com/summer-lovin-ronnie-milsap-looks-back-new-album/
- Leeann Ward: Yes, great choices for inductees! In Milsap's case, I guess if you say it to Juli Thanki, it will happen!:): Do …
- Paul W Dennis: Delighted to see "The Voice With A Heart" being inducted - he is my all-time favorite bluegrass vocalist. Hank Cochran …
- luckyoldsun: I don't know what exactly makes one a national treasure, but I'd give that appellation to Mac Wiseman before the …