Ray Price has left the hospital for home hospice care. His statement to his fans: “I love my fans and have devoted my life to reaching out to them. I appreciate their support all these years and I hope I haven’t let them down. I am at peace. I love Jesus. I’m going to be […]
Ralph Stanley Announces Farewell Tour; Birthplace of Country Music Museum Names Director; Free Ashleigh Flynn Download
Ralph Stanley has announced that he’ll begin his final tour this October. The “Man of Constant Sorrow Tour: The Doctor’s Farewell” is scheduled to run through December 2014. (via press release) Jewly Hight visited Nashville’s Woodlawn Cemetery, where George Jones, Boudleaux and Felice Bryant, Tammy Wynette, Marty Robbins, Porter Wagoner, and many, many more are […]
Charlie Daniels Recovering From Pacemaker Surgery; The Band Perry Premieres New Song; Can Blues Music Save the Mississippi Delta?
Charlie Daniels is recovering after being diagnosed with a mild case of pneumonia and also undergoing surgery to implant a pacemaker. He’s canceled Sunday’s show and rescheduled a couple more. Willie Nelson: “I’d never marry a guy I didn’t like.” Thanks to NM for pointing us toward David Cantwell’s appreciation of the late Jack Greene. […]
Museum of Broadcast Communications to Celebrate National Barn Dance; Ron Davies Tribute Record Due in March; Album Releases
Garth Brooks, Shelby Lynne, and The Oak Ridge Boys have been added to the list of artists who will appear George Jones’ final Nashville concert. On March 23, the Museum of Broadcast Communications will “celebrate the 89th anniversary of The National Barn Dance radio show in the actual historic WLS studio…The special event will feature […]
Randy Travis pleaded guilty to DWI; he received “two years of probation, a $2,000 fine and a 180-day suspended jail sentence. If he doesn’t successfully complete the probation, he will face the jail time. He was ordered to spend at least 30 days at an alcohol treatment facility, complete 100 hours of community service and […]
Ricky Skaggs to Be Inducted into Gospel Music HoF; Dierks Bentley Will Play Sept. CMA Songwriters Series; Miss Leslie Lauches Kickstarter
Randy Travis’ misadventures allegedly began earlier in the evening when he entered a convenience store “butt naked and demanding cigarettes.” Farce the Music collected a bunch of Randy Travis parody song titles. Brian T. Atkinson of the Austin American-Statesman interviewed Vince Gill. Here’s an excerpt in which Gill discusses whether he’s mastered the guitar: There’s always […]
- numberonecountryfan: She did say the version of “How Do I Live” is the “country” version which was previously released to radio …
- bll: I'm happy for any new music from Trisha. I hope MCA doesn't decide to repackage her old stuff and release …
- Barry Mazor: I know for a fact that most of the album was recorded fresh and new with Garth Fundis some months …
- luckyoldsun: Michael, From the way it's being promoted, with Yearwood announcing a new label and a new album and with The Tennessean …
- Linda Salmons: Whoaa!!!! Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Beautiful tone and nuance - unmistakably Auldridge.
- Michael A.: Billboard also posted a pretty good piece on the new Trisha Yearwood album yesterday. Unfortunately, it sounds like only …
- Kathy Gaddis: Very very nice!
- bob: Good day with news of PrizeFighter Trisha and Drunken Martina.
- John Fuller: Oh yeah!! Crispy sweet!
- Rick Mifflin: Sublime