Making year-end lists of best books is an exercise at once exciting and frustrating. Listing the best books of the year helps recall fondly those great books that revealed new information about an artist or his or her music or drives you to pick a again a book that you didn’t want to end the […]
On March 31, Dailey & Vincent, the new duo who captured an unprecedented seven International Bluegrass Music Awards in October, will release Brothers From Different Mothers, their second album through Rounder Records. Darren White reviewed Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison’s Holiday Show for the Star-Telegram, and he admits that it might be country heresy to […]
The 43rd Academy of Country Music Awards saw a 27 percent increase in viewers from 2007 and the artists who performed during the show saw a dramatic increase in sales. In light of the positive news, Orly Adelson, President of Dick Clark Productions, said, “We are very excited about what lies ahead and are accelerating […]
The recitation is a tradition embedded deep in country music. It’s the art of storytelling that involves spoken words with musical accompaniment, and usually has a strong moral undertone. They vary in subject matter, from the honorary (“I Remember Johnny Horton” – Claude King) to the infinitely cheesy (“To a Sleeping Beauty” – Jimmy Dean). […]
In his Nickel Creek concert review Chuck Hinton says “Assuming they avoid the many pitfalls of young stardom, the sky is the limit for these fledgling troubadours.” Has anyone come across Digital Rodeo yet? I just came across it and haven’t had a chance to properly explore, but it looks like a nicely designed social […]
- Dave D.: I can't believe that I never saw the Willie Nelson Monk episode - and it was a Sharona episode, as …
- nm: Taylor Swift was on CSI once. Not only was Steve Earle on The Wire, in one episode Omar quoted him about …
- Barry Mazor: It's only a slight stretch to recall when Jimmy Dean met James Bond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwDGtj84YY
- Arlene: I suspect you'll also be including an episode of L.A. Law....
- luckyoldsun: The Johnny Cash episode was the one Columbo case where you really felt "the b--- had it coming."
- A.B.: Janice - I saw that too and sent him a Tweet about it.
- Janice Brooks: Peter Cooper needs an edit. Stringbean did not die in 1964.
- Leeann: I can't contribute to this list, but I did think of Steve Earle and The Wire. It's not my …
- Jeremy Dylan: That was a great episode of Monk. The "Georgia On My Mind" scene is just heartbreaking.
- Juli Thanki: I think I'm the only person in the world who never got into "The Wire." Earle was on "SVU" a …