Rodney Crowell shared some information about his upcoming duets record with Emmylou Harris: “Old Yellow Moon, the Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell duet album produced by Brian Ahern is finally finished. I want to give everybody a heads up to watch for Nonesuch Records official release date which I expect they will announce sometime very soon. […]
Jim Hager, one half of the Hagers duo, died on Thursday from an apparent heart attack. Jim and his twin brother Jon rose to fame after joining the cast of Hee Haw in 1969. Taylor Swift (sans makeup) and Carrie Underwood both made People magazine’s “100 Most Beautiful People” list. And so did Barbara Mandrell, […]
Jason Boland and the Stragglers were busy playing a normal show in Bossier City this past Saturday when a random stranger from the crowd decided he was ready for football season to start a little early this year. The unidentified man referred to as “Jackass” ran on stage, dove through the drum set and tackled […]
Carrie Underwood is the first American Idol winner to grace the cover of Cosmopolitan. She posed this past January in Nashville. The issue hits newsstands today. All About Country reports that “in the article, Carrie explains how she tries to remain grounded since her tremendous success over the past two years and how she’d love […]
- bob: Thanks Barry. Just reserved the Adam Gussow book. Sounds interesting.
- Barry Mazor: It may be over-stated, in arriving at practically a single explanation of everything, but Adam Gussow's book on lynching and …
- Leeann: Wow! Heavy topic and horrifying indeed! "Beer for My Horses" was all fun and games until that reference, I'll have …
- Barry Mazor: Everything else aside, the way that reporter fills us in, with must-have, pointless generational snark included, about who this "Little …
- luckyoldsun: "The Night The Lights Went Out in Georgia" seems to be about a lynching--even if there's something about a judge …
- Arlene: Sorry. I meant to give the link for "Supper Time." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ58Kfe41kI
- Arlene: Another song sung by Ethel Waters: Irving Berlin's "Supper Time"
- bob: Powerful songs. I read the book "A Lynching in the Heartland" by James H. Madison about a dozen years ago. …
- Ron: Sky Above, Mud Below by Tom Russell is another.
- Jack Williams: Another Othis Taylor song from White African is "My Soul's in Louisiana."