Stream John Fullbright, Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison Albums; Todd Snider Salutes Mick Jagger; B.B. King Documentary Premieres Today
A few album premieres: John Fullbright – Songs Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison – Our Year Amy LaVere – Runaway’s Diary Bronwynne Brent – Stardust Sturgill Simpson performs “Time After All” in the Nashville Scene’s “Live in the Morgue” video series. Todd Snider salutes Mick Jagger in an American Songwriter column. Alison Bonaguro […]
There are many songs about those who’ve been sentenced to death, but fewer about those on the other end of the rope. Here are five. 5. Fairport Convention – “Poor Will and the Jolly Hangman” “Here’s to the jolly hangman / He’ll hang you the best that he can.” That sounds comforting; if I were […]
George Strait’s Next Album Drops May 14; Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum to Celebrate Dottie West; New Music Videos
George Strait’s next album, Love is Everything, will be released May 14. Della Mae’s This World Oft Can Be will be released May 28 on Rounder Records. (via press release) The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is celebrating Dottie West this spring with multiple programs, including a film screening of Dottie West: Special Delivery […]
ACM Awards Nominations to Be Announced 2/13; Gretchen Wilson to Release Three Records in 2013; Album Releases
Nominations for the 2013 ACM Awards will be announced on February 13. The awards show will be broadcast live on CBS April 7. Here’s a video of Bobby Bare playing “Boll Weevil.” Jon Caramanica of The New York Times on country music’s “masculinity crisis”: “It is not unmanly to feel deeply, which is often lost […]
On February 26 in Jackson, Mississippi, Glen Campbell will play a benefit concert for Alzheimer’s research. Kellie Pickler likes traditional country and puppies. Yesterday afternoon Dolly Parton announced plans to team up with Gaylord for a new water and snow park in Nashville. Groundbreaking is scheduled for 2013, with the complex opening by Summer 2014. […]
- luckyoldsun: Jim Z-- I get the feeling Barry was this close to calling you what Kinky Friedman called his guy from El …
- Leeann Ward: Thanks, NM. I like a good pop hook, to be honest. So, maybe I need to try it again.
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim Z. That changes everything. I surrender.
- Jim Z: to call the Dirty River Boys an "Austin area band" is still incorrect. They are based in El Paso.
- nm: Leeann, you and I often have similar tastes in more-traditional country. And, to my ears, Sam Hunt's voice and lyrics …
- Barry Mazor: Matter of fact, as always--I did. The notes say the album was recorded & mixed by and at "The …
- Roger: Looking forward to picking up the Jamey Johnson Christmas EP - love all of those songs and can't wait for …
- Jim Z: that record was recorded in El Paso. (you could look it up) and other than appearing in Austin once in …
- Leeann Ward: Yes, I can always use more dobro in my life! Thanks for the Phil Leadbetter tip! I haven't been able to …
- Barry Mazor: OK, Jim. The record's more or less out of Austin. But I'm sure they're also good in El Paso...