Caitlin Rose on World Cafe; Czechgrass Band Celebrates 20th Anniversary; Joe Nichols to Host ACM Honors
Dex Romweber Duo debuted their new video for “Jungle Drums.” I’ve been enjoying Country Universe’s retro single reviews. Kevin Coyne recently tackled “Amarillo By Morning.” Bluegrass blogger Ted Lehmann has filmed an extensive collection of performances. Keep an eye on his YouTube page through festival season. The Muddy Roots Festival lineup looks pretty great, with […]
Happy 91, Kitty Wells; Fanfare Follows Her Around: Taylor Swift Premieres New Video; Stream Justin Townes Earle
Kitty Wells turned 91 today! For the special premiere of her new video, Taylor Swift returned to the spot where it was shot in Kennebunkport, Maine. “We shot the video here,” she told the crowd who had gathered near the coastline. “It’s so important that we premiere it live from the place this video was […]
One of the year’s best albums to date is Hellbound Glory’s Old Highs and New Lows. As the title implies, it’s an album for Saturday night and a Sunday morning spent coming down. Most of the Reno-based band’s songs revolve around booze, pills, or the consequences of overindulging in said vices. You’d think this would […]
5. “Bend But Don’t Break” – No Justice This Oklahoma alt-country quintet offers up some important life lessons: “Bend but don’t break/Give before you take/Always look ‘em right in the eye.” Also, put your underpants on before your trousers. That’s not one of the lyrics, but I think it’s good advice. 4. “Another Bender Might […]
The Opry Lives On; Julianne Hough to Return to ‘Dancing with the Stars’; Stream Hank III’s New Album
The Tennessean‘s Cindy Watts recapped last night’s Opry show as did Chris Talbott. Galleywinter is giving away a pair of tickets to Rodney Hayden‘s songwriter festival this weekend and an autographed copy of his new album, Tavern of Poets. Country California’s C.M. Wilcox makes a case for musical comparisons. And then, in his review of […]
Johnny Gimble Remebers “Orange Blossom Special;” New Releases; Trace Adkins’ Bus Involved in Fatal Accident
Legendary fiddler Johnny Gimble humorously remembers an event that most people wouldn’t think of as funny: Even after suffering a massive stroke in 1999, Gimble found some humor in the situation. “When the doctors showed me an X-ray of my brain, they pointed to a black hole on the upper left side and told me […]
- Janice Brooks: Hopes somebody gets those memos about drinking songs. Meanwhile I'm feeling a lot of slots with Bluegrass.
- Leeann: Great news about Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White's duet album! Absolutely appalling about the Keith Urban concert!! Both the rape and …
- bob: I found the Billboard article about country music radio needing an alcohol intervention interesting. Songwriter Adam Wright is quoted as …
- Matt: Definitely agree with C.M. about Maddie & Tae. Certainly not the tidal wave of change some claimed it is or …
- Dave D.: Good stuff, as always. My copy of Producing Country arrived yesterday, and it looks to be as good as …
- Scooter: I agree Holly Williams can do no wrong in my eyes. Such a good album and great to see live …
- Carrie Mclaughlin: Your my Hero Mr. Jim Lauderdale!!! Come to Alaska Please? hehehehe
- Jeremy Dylan: You should check it out Dave D. It's from the first (and strongest) season.
- Leeann: Wow! I love that Holly William's cover of "No Surrender"! She's gotten to be so good.
- luckyoldsun: I made it through a minute of that "Girl In a Country Song Video." Man, that sucks.