John Rich is giving away a free download of his new song, “Whiskey Out Of Water Glasses.” Rich produced Bradley Gaskin’s recent (out 4/10) self-titled EP that has his mid-level hit “Mr. Bartender” on it. “Johnny and June” singer Heidi Newfield has signed with a new label called Sidewalk Records and will have new music coming soon. Kenny […]
Former Manager Sues Taylor Swift; Faith Hill Spoofed on ‘SNL'; Jamey Johnson as Country Music’s Caretaker
Music manager Dan Dymtrow is suing Taylor Swift, claiming she owes him millions for helping develop her career from April ’04 to July ’05. Dymtrow says his management deals with Swift and parents Scott and Andrea Swift provided that he be paid between 5 percent and 10 percent commission (or more) from Taylor’s music career. […]
Second Round of CMA Awards Performers Announced; Oct. 5th New Releases; Blake Shelton Preps Hits Album
Hosts Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood were announced as performers for the Nov. 10th CMA Awards. Rounding out the list in this second announcement of performers were Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Reba McEntire, Sugarland, and George Strait. After six years and four albums together, The Grascals and Rounder split ways. If you watched the new […]
Ryan Bingham joined the Country Throwdown Tour, which already includes Jamey Johnson, Little Big Town, Eric Church, Jack Ingram, Montgomery Gentry, Eli Young Band, the Lost Trailers, and Heidi Newfield. Jason Aldean and Ashley Monroe celebrated the success of the song “The Truth” at an industry party on Monday. After subjecting himself to Danny Gokey‘s […]
Guilty Women’s Amy Farris Found Dead; Nashville at Nite Returns; New 1100 Springs Music on the Horizon;
Austin native and fiddler Amy Farris, who was part of the group The Guilty Women that played with Dave Alvin, was found dead at her residence in Los Angeles at the age of 40. Suicide is suspected, although an investigation is still underway. Alt-512 Music Musings posted audio of Corb Lund‘s CD-release show at Threadgill’s […]
The current issue of Rolling Stone has a profile of Kris Kristofferson in which actor Ethan Hawke recalled a confrontation between Kristofferson and an unnamed country singer at Willie Nelson‘s 70th birthday party in 2003. The Tennessean then ran a story about that story and identified the unnamed singer as Toby Keith. However, a furious […]
Kenny Chesney played most of his hits and then some at a four-hour private show at the Exit/In in Nashville last Monday night. Joining him were songwriters like Craig Wiseman and David Lee Murphy along with special guests Brad Paisley and Peter Cooper. Music City TV and the CMT Blog have you covered on the […]
Hank Locklin, a country legend who The Tennessean‘s Peter Cooper says is one of the greatest and most influential tenor singers in country music history, died at the age of 91 on Sunday in Brewton, Alabama. Locklin has been a member of the Opry since 1960 and his hits include “Send Me The Pillow That […]
Sugarland isn’t the only country group amidst a lawsuit at the moment. Everyone’s favorite trio, Rascal Flatts, was named in a suit by a songwriter from New York for copyright infringement. Joe Don Rooney’s lawyers defended the song, saying: “To the extent that ‘No Reins’ shares any similarities with the plaintiff’s alleged copyrighted work, any […]
Ladies and gentleman, your 44th annual Academy of Country Music Awards nominees. (Visit the link for full list.) Entertainer of the Year Kenny Chesney | Brad Paisley | George Strait | Carrie Underwood | Keith Urban Top Male Vocalist Kenny Chesney | Toby Keith | Brad Paisley | George Strait | Keith Urban Top Female […]
- Mike W: Really liking the new Ryan Bingham song, his last album really didnt do much for me, but this new song …
- nm: Oh, the old Sutler. The first time I visited Nashville, I went to a New Year's Eve show there: Lonesome …
- Tom: ...another "favorite child question". then again, what would the genre be without all the drama it's got to deal with. …
- luckyoldsun: Dwight's had so many great songs. From memory, I'd have to name "Bakersfield" with Buck Owens, "Guitars, Cadillacs," "Nothing" and …
- Scooter: Thanks Jonathon. Downloaded "Last Chance for a thousand years" and love it. Was unaware of that album.
- Donald: The correct answer is of course, "Bury Me."
- Leeann Ward: As far as I know, I have all of Dwight's albums. It's truly impossible to choose a favorite song, but …
- Michael: I wonder if Kasey Chambers will be visiting Dr. Gwen Korovin for treatment of her vocal cords...
- Dave D.: Just about any song off of Dwight's first three albums would qualify as a favorite; forced to pick one I'd …
- Jack Williams: No. Not Owner of a Lonely Heart. I was hoping for better when I saw the article title …